Windows 10: Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've just upgraded my PC to take advantage of HDR. I have an AMD 5700XT paired with a BenQ EX2780 external display, connected via HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rory Bradford, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my PC to take advantage of HDR. I have an AMD 5700XT paired with a BenQ EX2780 external display, connected via HDMI 2.0

I have HDR enabled in Windows 10. I've noticed that when browsing the web, the screen's brightness will automatically adjust up and down depending on what I'm looking at - it's very annoying.

Granted, my particular monitor has a technology called HDRi which uses a sensor to determine brightness, however I have the monitor set to "Display HDR" not using the "HDRi" auto brightness technology. I have already researched this on the monitor side and determined it is not the problem.

From other forums, it seems that the problem lies with Windows HDR itself. Adjusting the HDR/SDR slider doesn't alleviate the issue. Additionally, there is NO option to turn off "Adaptive Brightness" which is a setting some people have - not in the Display Settings or in the Power Plan Settings of Windows there's simply no option for me to play with.

This issue does not happen in HDR enabled games, and is most noticeable when browsing the web on a white page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Rory Bradford, Jul 28, 2020

2. Automatic brightness adjustment

I am running Windows 10 and I cannot disable automatic adjustment of brightness. The brightness keeps dimming after every few minutes inspite of going through all the settings suggested on the forums. How do I disable automatic brightness adjustment? Any
    help will be much appreciated!!

PrashantSalla, Jul 28, 2020
  3. My screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though "Automatically Adjust Brightness" and "Night Light" are both turned off

Issue: It appears that my laptop screen keeps fluctuating with a yellow tint instead of staying at the brightness I set it to.

• "Night Light" is turned off and no schedule is set for it.
    • "Automatically Adjust Brightness" is turned off, as well.
    • This happens when both plugged in and when unplugged.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it, so I can fix the issue.

Device:

• Lenovo Yoga 720 (new)

Zach Unsell, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off

automatic brightness in Microsoft Lumia 950XL

The red light is for the face / iris sensor. To know more about Windows Hello and Privacy, you can refer on this

link

For the brightness issue that you're experiencing, we suggest that you follow the steps given below:

• Turn Off Automatically adjust display
      brightness.

• Perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold Volume Down+Power
      button until phone vibrates and restarts.
    • Turn On Automatically adjust display brightness again.

If issue still persist, your device light sensor maybe malfunctioning and may require repair/replacement.

Update us on the result.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off

1. Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness With No Option to Turn Off - Similar Threads - HDR Automatically Adjusting

2. Hdr option turns on and back off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdr option turns on and back off: Tv: Samsung Q60aaPc: Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 3600g, Xfx Rx580 8gb, 16gb 3200mhz ram Cable: 8K HDMI 2.1 6ftWhen I enable HDR it turns on then right back off. In settings it says HDR supported. If anyone has advice please help. Also is it possible to use overhead audio on home...
  3. Hdr option turns on and back off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdr option turns on and back off: Tv: Samsung Q60aaPc: Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 3600g, Xfx Rx580 8gb, 16gb 3200mhz ram Cable: 8K HDMI 2.1 6ftWhen I enable HDR it turns on then right back off. In settings it says HDR supported. If anyone has advice please help. Also is it possible to use overhead audio on home...
  4. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  5. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  6. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  8. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  9. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

10. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...