Windows 10: Windows 10 HDR issue

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Bhaelros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9zvkq/windows_10_hdr_issue/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bhaelros, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 HDR issue

/u/Bhaelros, Feb 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 1, 2021
  3. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 HDR issue

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : imgur.com

Full screen mode (HDR off) : imgur.com

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Windows 10 HDR issue :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 HDR issue

1. Windows 10 HDR issue - Similar Threads - HDR issue

2. I am having issues with HDR being toggled off while on battery under Windows 11. Is there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having issues with HDR being toggled off while on battery under Windows 11. Is there...: Checking all options within HDR playback does not appear to lead into any options to disable the behavior of HDR being turned off while on DC power. Is there any additional areas to search for to turn off this rather frustrating symptom? The computer is a Desktop...
  3. I am having issues with HDR being toggled off while on battery under Windows 11. Is there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having issues with HDR being toggled off while on battery under Windows 11. Is there...: Checking all options within HDR playback does not appear to lead into any options to disable the behavior of HDR being turned off while on DC power. Is there any additional areas to search for to turn off this rather frustrating symptom? The computer is a Desktop...
  4. Windows 11 HDR issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDR issue: Hi all,Having an issue when i turn HDR on through my new machine running Windows 11 which is causing the screen to look like the image below.https://imgur.com/a/AYVhuOjThe monitor is a Dell G3223Q 4k HDR, which ive hooked up to my old rig Windows 10 and the HDR worked fine....
  5. Windows 11 HDR issue

Windows 11 HDR issue: Hi all,Having an issue when i turn HDR on through my new machine running Windows 11 which is causing the screen to look like the image below.https://imgur.com/a/AYVhuOjThe monitor is a Dell G3223Q 4k HDR, which ive hooked up to my old rig Windows 10 and the HDR worked fine....
  6. How can I get this issue fixed HDR when launching games too washed out and dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get this issue fixed HDR when launching games too washed out and dim: So I played games that have HDR in them like Divison 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 and I noticed that every time I turned them on they got really greyed out it did not look like this before. I tried every possible step to get it working but can not. Also if I set them to automatic...
  7. How can I get this issue fixed HDR when launching games too washed out and dim

How can I get this issue fixed HDR when launching games too washed out and dim: So I played games that have HDR in them like Divison 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 and I noticed that every time I turned them on they got really greyed out it did not look like this before. I tried every possible step to get it working but can not. Also if I set them to automatic...
  8. Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?: Windows isn't handling HDR properly after a recent update. Is there a known issue?It keeps switching between correct rendering and incorrect rendering, causing apps to lose colors and everything to be whited out....
  9. Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?

Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?: Windows isn't handling HDR properly after a recent update. Is there a known issue?It keeps switching between correct rendering and incorrect rendering, causing apps to lose colors and everything to be whited out....
  10. Windows 11 Pro Photos App Issue Sony Raw Images Not Showing Correctly, Also HDR *not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Photos App Issue Sony Raw Images Not Showing Correctly, Also HDR *not...: I'm running Windows 11 Pro, and I'm having problems with the Photos app and also issues with color settings on my PC. When I double click a photo .ARW, it opens with the Photos app, at first it looks correct - as it does on the Sony A7Siii display, but after a few seconds it...