Windows 10: Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using the HDR option on my LG 34GK950F for the past few days with no problem. I was playing games with it on earlier today and then left the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by akoufaki, Jun 6, 2020.

1. akoufaki Win User

Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing

I was using the HDR option on my LG 34GK950F for the past few days with no problem. I was playing games with it on earlier today and then left the house for a bit; when I came back this evening and went into my display settings to turn it back on, the setting was gone. All that's there now is the "Windows HD Color settings" button, and when I go there and select the LG monitor it says it is suddenly not capable of doing HDR videos, games, or apps. How is this possible when I've literally been using HDR these past couple of days including earlier today??

:)

akoufaki, Jun 6, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hello Devlin,

The issue start after buy new TV (Sony XD800) and update to "creaters update" on "win 10" which support hdr.

If stream 4k hdr content from from WMP to TV, all work is well.

Now use Win 10 - 10.0.16299 build 16299.

For troubleshooting I change resolution\color depth\video driver. On TV setup "enchanced mode" on hdmi.

Lex Arsitov, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing

Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hello Lex,

The missing HDR settings might be due to a driver incompatibility. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please verify the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing

1. Windows 10 HDR Option Suddenly Missing - Similar Threads - HDR Option Suddenly

2. HDR suddenly doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR suddenly doesn't work?: I've used HDR before on only one monitor of two because my second monitor doesn't support it and now when I click HDR in settings, it automatically turns off when i try to turn it on. My monitor settings are on extend both monitors and have been like that....
  3. HDR suddenly doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR suddenly doesn't work?: I've used HDR before on only one monitor of two because my second monitor doesn't support it and now when I click HDR in settings, it automatically turns off when i try to turn it on. My monitor settings are on extend both monitors and have been like that....
  4. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  5. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  6. HDR Calibration Option is missing

7. Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Login Option Suddenly Missing: I went to login to my computer and it only has the option to login with a PIN. I never use a pin to login I don't know what it would be. I tried a few things, but nothing works. There is no option to use password instead, there is no settings gear. The Windows +I command does...
  8. Password Login Option Suddenly Missing

Password Login Option Suddenly Missing: I went to login to my computer and it only has the option to login with a PIN. I never use a pin to login I don't know what it would be. I tried a few things, but nothing works. There is no option to use password instead, there is no settings gear. The Windows +I command does...
  9. HDR Option not available.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR Option not available.: Hi all.I've been having an issue with getting HDR working on my pc since re installing windows.So far I have tried:Both DP and HDMITwo different gpus 1070 +980tiDifferent cablesReinstalling display drivers using DDUUsing various older nvidia driversDP firmware update for both...
  10. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings: Here is my setup: Ryzen 2600X Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse ASROCK X370 Taichi ADATA SX800 M.2 NVME 480GB SSD 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CAS 14 Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W I just finished this build last week, got everything I wanted installed, Windows fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play hdr games and apps missing