Windows 10: Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Basically, When I go into full screen on a non-HDR game, HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. However If I go into window mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillyMcFly, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Basically, When I go into full screen on a non-HDR game, HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. However If I go into window mode, then HDR mode is enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR.

HDR does not work in full screen games. Someone please help me to fix this

Thanks!

Specs

GTX 1080

Ryzen 1800x

32GB DDR4 ram

LG 4k HDR10 27' 60hz monitor

***Edited Original Title From: Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen (HELP!!!!!!!!!!!)***

:)

WillyMcFly, Jan 21, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jan 21, 2019
  3. gamerk2 Win User
    HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

1. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen. - Similar Threads - HDR problems full

2. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  3. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  4. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HDR turns off in full screen games

HDR turns off in full screen games: Whenever I try to play a game in full screen my HDR will turn off even though it used to run perfectly fine in full screen with HDR. I have the predator 4K monitor 3840 x 2160 120 hz refresh rate system specs AMD Ryzen 9 5950X AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT I am really not sure how to...
  6. WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES

WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES: Hi, my problem is that when I try to put a game in full screen, the screen turns black and starts to flash after the image and then it turns black again, the drivers are all updated, try solutions that are already published but I don't have solution, I hope a satisfactory...
  7. Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?

Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?: I have play HDR games and apps Stream HDR video on in the settings for both my external monitor and my laptop display. I have a Dell Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop and it may or may not be the problem rather than windows 10. At the bottom of the settings I adjust the...
  8. Problem with HDR in full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HDR in full screen mode: In full screen games HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. But in Windows Mode HDR mode gets enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-hdr-in-full-screen-mode/d28365a6-3efc-464a-bc48-7714efbf781b
  9. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen (HELP!!!!!!!!!!!)

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen (HELP!!!!!!!!!!!): Basically, When I go into full screen on a non-HDR game, HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. However If I go into window mode, then HDR mode is enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR. HDR does not work in full screen games. Someone please help me to fix...
  10. Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 1803 HDR problem: Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR. I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce 1070 and when I used to turn on HDR or play an HDR game (before the update) Windows correctly set the display to YCbCr 422 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fullscreen hdr issue

2. hdr blank screen volume

3. windows 10 fullscreen hdr fix

4. volume blank screen in hdr,
  5. game wont run full screen hdr ?,
  6. windows hdr sacreen black fullscreen overlay,
  7. SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode distorting the colors.  If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.