Windows 10: Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm trying to run my TV at 4k 120hz with HDR but whenever I toggle the HDR switch in windows display settings it doesn't stay on. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8bitnectar, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.

Hello everyone. I'm trying to run my TV at 4k 120hz with HDR but whenever I toggle the HDR switch in windows display settings it doesn't stay on. If I run it at 2k 120hz the HDR stays which is strange. I'm using a Radeon 5700 XT GPU and a new Ultra High Speed HDMI cable, my TV is a Samsung Q80T.

As far as I know this should work! Anyone have experience with an issue like this?

submitted by /u/8bitnectar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8bitnectar, Oct 4, 2020
  2. tbcam88 Win User

Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

Hi all,

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the eyes. This is annoyingly tedious as you need to navigate through settings, display, HD colour options etc. before finally getting to the toggle switch in question. Can a single click batch file/registry tweak perhaps be constructed in this case? Allowing you to enable/disable the setting in an instant?

How to toggle HDR with a script on Windows 10

This article details creating a script which does exactly what I've described but it apparently doesn't work with multiple display setups (which is what I'm running unfortunately!)

Hoping a tenforums guru can assist!

tbcam88, Oct 4, 2020
  3. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

Jonny1010101010, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.

HDR settings won't turn on

The HDR and advanced color settings won't toggle on. Every time I try to turn it on, it toggles off. Am running latest i7 and DXDIAG states HDR is supported. NUC7i7 is connected to LG tv thru HDMI

SmithKaren, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.

1. Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings. - Similar Threads - HDR turns itself

2. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off: I connected my work laptop to an external display at home via a usb c dock. I was using the built in display and external display in extended mode. I looked through the display settings in windows 10 and thought I'd try HDR on the external display since it is HDR capable. I...
  3. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off: I connected my work laptop to an external display at home via a usb c dock. I was using the built in display and external display in extended mode. I looked through the display settings in windows 10 and thought I'd try HDR on the external display since it is HDR capable. I...
  4. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  6. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  7. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV): So I connected my PC to my Sony TV (I've used HDR before on Netflix, PS4 etc) today with a HDMI 2.0 cable and I can't toggle HDR on Windows. When I toggle it on, it just switches back to off immediately, and I can't turn it on in games like AC Valhalla. Does anybody have a...
  8. Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.: Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up. My desktop has had a similar issue before of the monitor never turning off, but that turned out to be a controller being plugged in issue for some...
  9. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  10. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Support
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...