Windows 10: Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears

Discus and support Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For years now I have had an issue with this notification popping up--seemingly at random--that headphones are plugged into the front jack. However, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D-Attitude, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears

For years now I have had an issue with this notification popping up--seemingly at random--that headphones are plugged into the front jack. However, no headphones have been plugged in. The issue used to be worse with the Realtek action center popping up interrupting or minimizing whatever I was doing. It used to randomly occur and keep connecting and disconnecting constantly. It always appeared for a split second and then turn off like nothing happened.

However, I noticed the issue for some reason has subsided slightly, but still occur everyday, maybe 5 times at most and sometimes just once or twice and at very random intervals that could be spaced out between hours, some together and some not, or a notification appearing hours apart. The Realtek center also doesn't appear anymore especially since the Windows update in December 2019.

I still get the notification at the corner of the bottom-right of the screen saying it is plugged in and the Windows System will sound off saying headphones have been plugged in. However, sometimes it is so quick that the notification doesn't even play the full audio of the Windows notification sound. No headphones are ever being plugged in.

I have even disabled the front panel jack in Windows' sound settings but the notification will still appear and so will the bell sound. I have troubleshot the device through the auto troubleshooter but it is no use.

I have looked through windows' system logs but there is nothing telling me why this is happening. I'm partly worried there is more to it but I have found no issue--security wise--so far either through my network or locally on the desktop.

The problem doesn't affect the audio output; even while the notification is popping up it has never muted the output from my speakers.

If I could have some answers to why this is happening it would at least shed some light on what could be the issue. It is so random I just don't know what it could be.

:)

D-Attitude, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Headphone jack conflicts with bose??

Right, there is no marked "headphone" jack on the rear of your computer BUT it is the same as the Speaker jack, usually light green and usually the middle jack of three or maybe you have 2 rows of jacks. Not all motherboards use exactly the same layout but most use the light green jack for speakers/headphone. Plugging speakers or headphones into the front jack should cut out any speakers plugged into the rear jack.

Did you have to install software for the Bose? That may be taking control of things.

Berton, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Headphone jack conflicts with bose??

I have a fairly new pc and we use a Bose Mini for sound (bluetooth.) Ever since we have started using the bose, my headphone jack on the FRONT (there isnt one on the back although windows THINKS there is) doesnt work.

When i plug the headphones is a notification pops up and says "You have plugged into an audio jack" However when i run the sound troubleshooter it says there is nothing plugged in.

jerryandtabatha, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears

1. Windows 10 - Headphone Jack Plugged-in Notification Randomly Appears and Reappears - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack Plugged

2. Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up: There was a notification? that showed up whenever I plugged in a device in the headphone jack and it would give me all these options like whether I'm plugging in earphones, in-ear device, over-ear-device and all that I'm probably not being exact about what it said but I...
  3. Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up: There was a notification? that showed up whenever I plugged in a device in the headphone jack and it would give me all these options like whether I'm plugging in earphones, in-ear device, over-ear-device and all that I'm probably not being exact about what it said but I...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  6. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  9. Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.

Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.: I am using Windows 10. I have a Neewer NW-700 microphone (driverless condenser mic), and am using it along with a Neewer 48v Phantom Power Supply. However, the microphone does not show up in the sound control panel, even with the 'Show Disabled Devices' checked....
  10. Headphone jack not detecting earphones after plugged in

Headphone jack not detecting earphones after plugged in: Windows 10 Realted audio There was no problem till december, when i lastly plugged in my earphones. Yesterday, after plugged in, they were not detected by laptop and the song continued in speakers. I checked for drivers and even sound settings, but the only device showing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when plugging in headphones notification pops up about if its headphones but thats it

2. audio jack pop up windows 10

3. where do you plug in for playing audio

4. laptop not detecting speaker headset or headphone connected in front panel jack,
  5. windows 10 noting appears when audio jack is plugged in audiomax