Windows 10: Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

Discus and support Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell G7 laptop. Here's the problem: I plug in my headphones/earphones to the headphone jack. Works just fine. I keep the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by the_bigfoot, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

I have a Dell G7 laptop. Here's the problem:

1. I plug in my headphones/earphones to the headphone jack. Works just fine.
    2. I keep the headphones plugged in, and then turn off my PC.
    3. I then unplug the headphones, and turn the PC on again.
    4. The computer thinks the headphones are still plugged in and the speakers don't work.

I have to plug and unplug the headphones again while the PC is on, for the speakers to work. Is this a bug? How do I fix this?

:)

the_bigfoot, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 6, 2018
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

1. Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug - Similar Threads - headphones speakers bug

2. Headphone bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone bug: hi i've been having a problem with my headphone recently, it only works if im in a Microsoft Teams meeting, after i leave the meeting it will immediately stop working and i can't hear anything....
  3. Headphone bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone bug: hi i've been having a problem with my headphone recently, it only works if im in a Microsoft Teams meeting, after i leave the meeting it will immediately stop working and i can't hear anything....
  4. No speakers or headphones connected Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones connected Windows 10: So I have a dell Latitude 15 5577 and about a year ago the speakers stopped working and I tried a fresh windows 10 install, drivers etc and assumed speakers were faulty... Cut forward a year and my laptop decides to update to Windows 11 laptops not compatible and my partner...
  5. No speakers or headphones connected Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones connected Windows 10: So I have a dell Latitude 15 5577 and about a year ago the speakers stopped working and I tried a fresh windows 10 install, drivers etc and assumed speakers were faulty... Cut forward a year and my laptop decides to update to Windows 11 laptops not compatible and my partner...
  6. No speakers or headphones connected Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  8. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10: Hello, bit of a noob but my laptop (HP probook 450 G3) is no longer allowing me to play sound through my headphones. The headphones do work (tried on a different PC) and the same problem occurred on my laptop with different headphones. I have tried going to Device manager...
  9. Windows 10 Sound bug/problem - Headphones vs Speakers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sound bug/problem - Headphones vs Speakers.: I have a really annoying bug that every time my PC goes in to screensaver or standby mode the sound which has been playing out of the monitor speakers becomes stuck in the headphones. Normally different apps are defaulted to different speaker outputs with different volumes,...
  10. Speaker/Headphone

Speaker/Headphone: How can I disable the speakers without disabling the headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakerheadphone/036e469d-5901-49ea-8d1f-e5ab7239fa21

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bug speaker headphone

2. win 10 headphone bug