Windows 10: Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

Discus and support Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell G7 laptop. Here's the problem: I plug in my headphones/earphones to the headphone jack. Works just fine. I keep the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by the_bigfoot, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

I have a Dell G7 laptop. Here's the problem:

1. I plug in my headphones/earphones to the headphone jack. Works just fine.
    2. I keep the headphones plugged in, and then turn off my PC.
    3. I then unplug the headphones, and turn the PC on again.
    4. The computer thinks the headphones are still plugged in and the speakers don't work.

I have to plug and unplug the headphones again while the PC is on, for the speakers to work. Is this a bug? How do I fix this?

:)

the_bigfoot, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 6, 2018
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

1. Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug - Similar Threads - headphones speakers bug

2. no headphones or speakers are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no headphones or speakers are plugged in: Hi! After some time of playing video games my PC told me to update. After that update I cant get Audio back its says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. How do I fix this?...
  3. No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in: I recently installed win10 on a new clean hard-disk and afterwards found that the sound is not working. I am using ECS manufactured PC With Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz [ATTACH] I've downloaded the latest Realtek driver and it doesn't show on...
  4. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...
  5. No Speakers or Headphones connected

No Speakers or Headphones connected: I recently updated my laptop and now my audio is completely disabled. I used realtek hd audio manager to before the update but after the update it was replaced with something called "uproar wireless stereo." I've been looking all over the internet for something that can help...
  6. Headphones are listed as speakers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones are listed as speakers?: so im very confused as to why my Headphones are listed as Speakers and when i try to go to the balancing/levels it only shows one slider? i could be wrong but i beleive this is why sound is only coming from one ear...please help thanks...
  7. speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play: I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the headset into the...
  8. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924
  9. speaker/headphone problem

speaker/headphone problem: Plugging in headphones does not switch to headphones. If I wish to switch from speaker to headphone, the only way is to go into playback devices and select one or the other as default. I can't default both. Checking one as default (speaker) and the other as communication...
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....