Windows 10: windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine.

Discus and support windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Speakers work fine. But, when I connect the headphones, I can't hear any sound from them. Headphones work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anitha Sri, Mar 6, 2019.

1. windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine.

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Speakers work fine. But, when I connect the headphones, I can't hear any sound from them.

Headphones work perfectly when connected to other devices.

Earlier, I got the same issue and I uninstalled KB4074588 and then headphones worked fine.

Now, I don't see the same update installed, but there are some other updates, but when I click on them, Uninstall icon doesn't pop up.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Please refer the screenshot below.

Thank You.

windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine. a7d86f19-91a9-4f94-affe-fcc5085db50f?upload=true.png

:)

Anitha Sri, Mar 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Favirs Win User
    No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hello,

I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71.

My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop.

I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager.
    I have tried removing the drivers and redownloading the audio drivers from Acers website.
    I have tried 'installing' audio driver with the default windows 10 audio driver instead of the realtek one.
    I have tried adjusting the sample rate in the advanced properties tab.

What can I do to get sound working in my headphones again and not just the speakers.

Favirs, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Smouse Win User

windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine.

Windows 10, no sound through laptop speakers after upgrade, headphones working.

i upgraded to Win 10 today, and it seems great so far, but my Asus n55s laptops on-board speaks aren't playing any sound, the headphone jack works fine and I can hear sound through headphones, but when they're unplugged nothing changes, it seems like the
    computer isn't detecting that there's an internal speaker at all, it was working fine before the upgrade.

The soundcard is a Realtek, and in audio devices it shows speakers as active and default, the green bar is jumping around.

again it seems like windows 10 can't detect the internal speaker, and just defaults to route all sound output to the headphone jack.

Smouse, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine.

1. windows 10 - Headphones detected - But can't hear any sound. Speakers work fine. - Similar Threads - Headphones detected can't

2. HyperX Cloud II Can't hear sound in headphones and speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HyperX Cloud II Can't hear sound in headphones and speakers at the same time.: Hi! I've just bought HyperX Cloud II headphones. I plug it by USB, microphone is working, headphones are working - but speakers dont play sound that i hear in headphones game. When i plug Cloud II headphones by jack i can hear in speakers and headphones - but then Microphone...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  5. Can't hear any sound from Speaker or Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear any sound from Speaker or Headphones: I'm gonna tell my story firstI'm currently using ASUS TUF Gaming F15, this laptop include with DTS:X Ultra in it, so that i can use full feature of DTS:X Ultra in this laptop, but in several month after i'm using it, the DTS:X showing a problem, which is written that the...
  6. Can't hear any sound from Speaker or Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hear any sound from Speaker or Headphones: I'm gonna tell my story firstI'm currently using ASUS TUF Gaming F15, this laptop include with DTS:X Ultra in it, so that i can use full feature of DTS:X Ultra in this laptop, but in several month after i'm using it, the DTS:X showing a problem, which is written that the...
  7. Can't hear any sound from Speaker or Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth sound is fine but speakers and headphone JAC not working and no sound

Bluetooth sound is fine but speakers and headphone JAC not working and no sound: As per title, I have been trying to resolve this for several days but to no avail.I've tried many things to resolve including, checking updating/rollback drivers, download driver pack and install from Microsoft I have surface laptop 3. I've restored previous version of...
  9. Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything

Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything: Hello, I recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headphone that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack I used to use an MSI DS502 which uses USB and it worked perfectly fine, however, the HyperX Cloud Stinger won't work. The headphone is detected and sound is detected but I cannot hear...
  10. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant hear sound windows10 headphones

2. pc headphones cant hear any audio

3. i cant hear sound in headset

4. windows 10 headset dected but cant hear,
  5. cant hear sound on pc with headphones windows 10,
  6. cant hear headphones on laptop,
  7. cant hear audio from surface headphones on win 10 pc,
  8. cant hear wireless headphones on pc,
  9. cant hear audio fromheadset but speakers work,
  10. windows is detecting my headphones but i cant hear,
  11. cant hear sound in headphones,