Windows 10: Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Discus and support Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit. Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newuser0, Jul 19, 2020.

1. newuser0 Win User

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit.

Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device automatically when the headphones are connected to the Audio jack?

When the headphones are connected to the audio jack, a notification pops out in bottom right corner prompting:
    "Which device did you plug in?", with the Headphone highlighted. I have to then click "OK" to select it.

Is there a setting to make this automatic?

In Sound settings, under "Output device", I only see "Readltek(R) Audio" listed, even the headphones are connected.

Thanks.

:)

newuser0, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Raja Win User
    Realtek audio jack insertion status registry setting for Windows 10

I have requirement to poll windows registry settings to detect if audio jack is inserted in to my computer. My computer has Realtek audio.

With Realtek audio manager (application), it would detect when I insert headphone in to computer but is there any way I can access some registry settings to detect whether something is inserted in to audio jack or not?

I believe there should be a way to detect as Realtek audio manager has that capability.

Any help is appreciated.

4. Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Headphones will not work with computer audio jack

I've having some problems with my computer's audio jack. Actually, I'm not sure what it is called, but it's that hole where you insert your headphone plug into (I'm going to refer to it as the audio jack.)

The problem is not with my headphones; they work on my Phone and other devices. I've had success with connecting it to the back of my computer (it has another audio jack there), but I want to be able to connect it to my front one.

I have tried cleaning it with Q-Tips, Rubbing alcohol, and by inserting the headphone plug rapidly in it, but nothing has worked. The device is shown on my computer and it detects it whenever it is plugged in.

Any advice would be appreciated. If I do not respond, thank you for your answer.

KappaMikey, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

1. Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack - Similar Threads - Headphones auto selected

2. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  3. No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack

No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack: Hi guys, there was an upgrade to Wins 10 2004 version and after the upgrade, my sound from audio jack has become distorted. Hence I rolled back to the previous version of Win 10 but problem still persist. After reading some solutions, I tried uninstalling the realtek driver...
  4. Headphones into rear audio jack?

Headphones into rear audio jack?: Hello. The headphone input on the front of my PC is broken and I cannot use it anymore. No big deal I thought, I'll plug my headphones into the rear audio jack. Well... that ends up being a massive issue somehow. The back inputs seem to be coded differently, which makes the...
  5. no audio out of headphone jack

no audio out of headphone jack: Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper settings when realtek audio are the only avail choice?...
  6. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...
  7. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  8. Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use

Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...
  9. Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack: So, usually when I plug in my headphones into the audio jack, my laptop gives me a small popup in the bottom right corner saying something like headphones were inserted, and I would press "okay" and I could listen to my music. But for some reason, I'm inserting it into the...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...