Windows 10: Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Hyper X Cloud Stinger Headset. This headset and microphone worked great on my desktop pc. I recently purchased a gaming laptop. This gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Finnhawk09, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue

I have the Hyper X Cloud Stinger Headset. This headset and microphone worked great on my desktop pc. I recently purchased a gaming laptop. This gaming laptop does not have dual 3.5 ports of which to plug the green and pink cables into. I can take the dual cables off and just have the one cable to plug in, but my microphone does not work with this option. When this one cable is plugged into the port my headset works but the mic does not, rather the microphone on my laptop is picking up the sound. The port that I have this one cable plugged into does have a headphone and microphone symbol on it, leading me to believe that both the headset and mic should work when plugged in. In fact, opening up the sound settings in Windows 10, my headset is not listed under input or output methods at all. I figured that in the settings if my headset did show up it might just be connected to the laptops mic and not mine.

:)

Finnhawk09, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue

1. Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone Issue

2. Headset Microphone Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone Issue.: Hey, so recently I purchased a Y headset splitter for my bootcamped IMac 2013. Since the moment I got it, only the audio part has been functioning. When I had plugged in the splitter,I was using a audio driver known as "Cirrus Logic". Now, I have uninstalled the driver and I...
  3. Headset Microphone Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone Issue.: Hey, so recently I purchased a Y headset splitter for my bootcamped IMac 2013. Since the moment I got it, only the audio part has been functioning. When I had plugged in the splitter,I was using a audio driver known as "Cirrus Logic". Now, I have uninstalled the driver and I...
  4. Headset Microphone Issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Issue, Microphone not detecting.

Headset Issue, Microphone not detecting.: So im having an issue where my headset's microphone wont detect, What happens is when i put it into the green jack it gives audio, but doesnt detect microphone. if I put it into the blue jack, I cant hear and where im supposed to hear turns into a mic. Im currently using...
  6. Headset Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone Issues: I deleted a headset mic from my computer in device manager and now I can't figured out how to reinstall that mic. I've looked for hours online trying to figure out how to get it back to no avail. So I'm writing this in hopes that someone knows the solution to my problem....
  7. Headset Microphone Issues

Headset Microphone Issues: I deleted a headset mic from my computer in device manager and now I can't figured out how to reinstall that mic. I've looked for hours online trying to figure out how to get it back to no avail. So I'm writing this in hopes that someone knows the solution to my problem....
  8. Headset Microphone Issues

9. Headset issues - Microphone

Headset issues - Microphone: I have an astro a10 headset. I can hear my friends only when I plug in the mic to my xbox controller (which is also plugged into my PC thru USB). I have the Y splitter into the front jacks but that wont let me hear anything. My microphone shows it's playing sound in my...
  10. Headset microphone issue.

Headset microphone issue.: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset with mic issues windows 10

2. windows 10 issue with headset

3. headset issues windows 10

4. bite defender and microphone issue with gaming,
  5. mic issues with headset,
  6. headset micro win 10 bt issue,
  7. headset mic issues windows 10,
  8. headset issue windows 10,
  9. windows 10 USB gaming headphone microphone problems,
  10. headset windows 10 microfone issue