Windows 10: Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away

Discus and support Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, we are having a weird problem on one of our machines Dell Latitude 7410. Whenever the user walks away from the machine, it takes exactly 60... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 8gxe, Jan 13, 2021.

1. 8gxe Win User

Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away

Hello, we are having a weird problem on one of our machines Dell Latitude 7410.

Whenever the user walks away from the machine, it takes exactly 60 seconds for the machine to lock. We have adjusted power settings, performed registry edits, but cannot get this to disable.

Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away a540a375-a283-4bee-8097-a522274a6088?upload=true.png

There is no Group Policy I can find that is affecting the machine in this way.

Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away 079bb60c-10e0-4705-8688-dc5875c91652?upload=true.png

Windows Hello is not enrolled and Dynamic Lock is NOT checked in Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-In Options

The "Require Sign-In" button is greyed out - I think this is the main culprit

Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away fbe3ecd5-74fe-4520-a984-ba174631b985?upload=true.png

Registry edits:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"EnableGoodbye"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics]

"Enabled"=dword:00000000

Any ideas on how to stop this machine from locking when the user walks away?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away - Similar Threads - Hello Auto Locking

2. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  3. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  4. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled): I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark fingerprint reader I have set up with Windows Hello. The PC will sometimes randomly lock itself while I'm using it. It seems...
  5. Windows 10 auto locks when the battery is on 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 auto locks when the battery is on 30%: doesn't matter if it's on battery or plugged in to charger it auto locks at 30% how can I fix this? submitted by /u/IR_CySGOd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7e2cw/windows_10_auto_locks_when_the_battery_is_on_30/
  6. Windows logs me out if i walk away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows logs me out if i walk away: Hi, I recently set up a new laptop with windows 10. If i walk away from my laptop the ir camera senses i have moved and will automatically log me out after 1 minute. I cannot figure out how to stop this happening. For reference if i remain in front of my computer and leave...
  7. My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.: I have changed screen and sleep to never, and have disabled anything I could find lock related to try and prevent this, but it still locks when I go away. I do not know what else to do. I need to upload all my photos from my phone so I can factory reset it, but it says it...
  8. Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.: When I take a break from using my computer the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive, therefore making me shut it off and turn back on to use again. I need help fixing this reoccurring issue, please. Thanks...
  9. Bluescreen when walking away from PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when walking away from PC: For a few weeks now I have had a peculiar problem with my PC. When I get up from my desk for a few minutes, I often return to see that Windows has restarted. In the system stability logs I see BlueScreen errors with the Code 1000007e. These BlueScreens do not occur, when...
  10. When I walk away from my computer it blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I walk away from my computer it blue screens: It's a 50/50 chance that when I walk away from my computer, it'll blue screen. Every time it blue screens it goes to 100% and doesn't reboot. I have looked for a solution, but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Here is an image of the blue screen. Please...