Windows 10: Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in

Discus and support Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I set up Windows 10, but didnt set up Hello. Now I cant sign in at all, because it wants my PIN, which was never set up... I cant Change PIN, or Add,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HeatherNicholson1, May 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in

I set up Windows 10, but didnt set up Hello. Now I cant sign in at all, because it wants my PIN, which was never set up... I cant Change PIN, or Add, until I sign in! Now what?

:)

HeatherNicholson1, May 10, 2021

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 10, 2021
  3. Windows hello sign in blocked

Hi,

To address your concern, we can try resetting you Windows 10 local administration password with Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

Method 1: Prepare your Windows 10 setup disk.

Prepare your installation disk, or if none is available, you can instantly create one by burning a Windows 10 ISO file to USB or CD- ROM drive from another computer.

Method 2: Boot the locked computer from setup disk.

Insert the Windows 10 setup disk ( Installation disk) to your computer where you will need to reset Windows 10 local administrator password, then boot computer from the disk.

Method 3: Replace Utility Manager with Command Prompt.

• After the computer boots up, you see a Windows Setup window. Press
      Shift + F10 for shortcuts to open the command prompt window.
    • In the command prompt windows, execute the following string of commands which will replace the Utility Manager on Windows 10 sign-in screen with the Command Prompt.
    Note: Replace the d letter with your system drive letter. Press
    Enter key after typing each line. (please see screenshot)

Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in 8200a5e1-2604-4bdc-beea-dc007826a016.png

Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in 5a7f4229-d36f-4179-bede-50cda4e8460a.png

3. After executing the commands, pull out the Windows 10 setup disk and restart the computer.

Method 4: Reset Windows 10 local admin password with Command Prompt.

• After the computer restarts, it should come up with the Windows 10 sign-in screen. Click on the
      Ease of Access icon in the lower- right corner. This will pull-up the Command Prompt window, if the previous steps were done correctly.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the password reset command: net user <username> <password>
      and then hit Enter to set a new password for your Windows 10 local admin.
    • Once the password resets, close the Command Prompt then you can sign into the admin with the new password.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, May 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in

Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in

1. Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in - Similar Threads - Hello blocking signing

2. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in: probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?...
  3. Hello Sign in windows 10

Hello Sign in windows 10: ok so now when i was logging in to my device the pin was asked to enter so when i tried to enter it the keys to press in it were broken like unresponsive like there was an 5 and 6 in that pin but in my keyboard those keys were unresponsive. So i was basically stuck and then...
  4. Blocked from entering sign in number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from entering sign in number: I have 2 PCs running Win 10 Pro 64-bit I am able to sign-in on one but on the other I am being blocked from entering the complete sign on number. What could be causing this? What should I do? I performed a system restore from backup the problem persisted. That did not help....
  5. Windows 10 blocking me from AT&T logon

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 blocking me from AT&T logon: Dunno what is going on, I try to log in but ends up back at login menu. Works okay with windows 8. I tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome..logon information is correct..Firewall, defender the problem ? 182468
  6. Windows 10 blocking me from AT&T logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blocking me from AT&T logon: Dunno what is going on, I try to log in but ends up back at login menu. Works okay with windows 8. I tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome..logon information is correct..Firewall, defender the problem ? 182468
  7. Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings: This is to get info out to those that have been plagued by Windows 10 failure to support users that didn't buy their products or companies that didn't buy licenses or include all features for Windows 'Hello'. If you have a PIN and/or a fingerprint enabled, you can use...
  8. Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether: I have 2 user profiles on my Dell PC and when I try to sign in on either of them, the error message (no error #) reads: "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" After research, I've found that I need to boot up safe mode and manually fix...
  9. Windows Hello won't sign me in (read below)

Windows Hello won't sign me in (read below): I have changed my password on my Windows 10 computer, I try to log in with my fingerprint and the following message pops up: "Your password has changed. To continue using Windows Hello, please sign in with your PIN." I do this and it says the same message except it asks me to...
  10. Windows 10 blocking me from login pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 blocking me from login pages: This has been going on for months now. Everytime I try to login to a public wifi login page or my router login page, I get nothing but "Your internet access is blocked" I can access these on my laptop and 2 phones but not my desktop. I have tried everything possible, the...