Windows 10: Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10. Windows Hello face recognition stopped working. The error message is "something went wrong....." There were no recent updates listed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MSPMichael, May 6, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

I'm on Windows 10. Windows Hello face recognition stopped working. The error message is "something went wrong....." There were no recent updates listed that could have triggered it. When I go to sign-in options list, the Hello Face option states that a camera is not found. But the options for changing settings don't work. The "remove" option is greyed out and doesn't work when I click on it so I can't remove and restart Hello Face. I disabled the integrated cameras and restarted them but that didn't help.

:)

MSPMichael, May 6, 2023
  2. GaryT123 Win User

Windows Hello Face Stopped Working

I bought the surface laptop 3 back in November and hello face was working great. Then one day in February when I open my laptop, it asked for my pin and the the hello face option was no longer listed. In the settings for Hello Face, I get a message saying
    "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more." and directly below that it says "Something went wrong. Try again later." The options for improve recognition and remove are both grayed out. I've reached out via DM and phone call to Microsoft and
    the technician told me it was a recent Windows update that caused the issue. I was told to reinstall windows, which I did and it would fix the problem for a couple of startups on the same day and eventually stops working again. I've reinstalled windows twice
    now and it'll still the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

GaryT123, May 6, 2023
  3. Windows Hello Face stopped working

After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. Prior to the Update Windows Hello Face was working. Would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve this issue

PhoenixBots, May 6, 2023
  4. Zaxi0 Win User

Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

Why is windows hello face recognition not working?

Device is an Alienware X14

the windows hello face unlocks used to work flawlessly until yesterday after the Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) it would stop recognizing my face then the IR lights stopped flashing.

When trying to set up windows hello again it says, "make sure your face is centered in the frame.", then after a while it says that something went wrong and to try again.

the IR camera still shows up in my device manager, which makes me believe it isn't being used for some reason.

I've tried the following:

• updated windows.
    • updated bios.
    • reinstalled all camera drivers.
    • reinstalled the windows hello face unlock feature.
    • restarted numerous times.
    • used the dell diagnostics tool (said nothing was wrong)
    • used the windows troubleshooting tool (said my Bluetooth icon was showing!?)
    • tried to set up windows hello (same issues as described above)

Zaxi0, May 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

1. Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and... - Similar Threads - Hello Face stopped

2. Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...: I'm on Windows 10. Windows Hello face recognition stopped working. The error message is "something went wrong....." There were no recent updates listed that could have triggered it. When I go to sign-in options list, the Hello Face option states that a camera is not found....
  3. Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...: I'm on Windows 10. Windows Hello face recognition stopped working. The error message is "something went wrong....." There were no recent updates listed that could have triggered it. When I go to sign-in options list, the Hello Face option states that a camera is not found....
  4. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.".I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in Youtube....
  5. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.".I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in Youtube....
  6. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.". I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in...
  7. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.". I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in...
  8. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

9. Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': Hey, Some time ago function face recognition in Windows Hello stopped working. When I run setup face recognition, I get a message 'Sorry, something went wrong.' I can't delete my remembered faces. I tried to reset the settings as described below but it didn't help....
  10. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong": I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro. About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working. In settings, I cannot enable windows hello, it is greyed out, with an error saying "something went wrong. try again later"(see image below). Ive tried: - deleting...