Windows 10: Windows 10 Hello Login

Discus and support Windows 10 Hello Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Today I turned on my laptop and login via fingerprint and Windows 10 PIN would not work. The Windows 10 login would not accept any letters but did... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DonaldP#, Mar 26, 2019.

1. DonaldP# Win User

Windows 10 Hello Login

Today I turned on my laptop and login via fingerprint and Windows 10 PIN would not work. The Windows 10 login would not accept any letters but did accept numbers. I was able to login using Microsoft account (both letters and numbers accepted). I went to Windows Hello setup and removed and re-entered fingerprint login. That now works. But when I tried to change my Windows 10 PIN I could not enter letters in my current password field which I need to do to change the Windows 10 PIN. Any suggestions ?

:)

DonaldP#, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Hello Login

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hello Login

1. Windows 10 Hello Login - Similar Threads - Hello Login

2. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  3. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  4. Can’t login to Minecraft because of Windows Hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to Minecraft because of Windows Hello pin: I have been trying to login into my Minecraft account for hours. I am stopped by Windows Hello pin. I used to have one for my old laptop but that has been reset, and I don’t remember it. I am using my partners PC so i logged into my account and it gave me the option to create...
  5. Hello, when I login to Lab user a million of files open on it, what do you think is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, when I login to Lab user a million of files open on it, what do you think is the...: When I login to a lab user I see a million files open on it and now the printer can’t also print because it’s super enlarged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-when-i-login-to-lab-user-a-million-of-files/bf984728-ab5e-486b-9a64-bf7adefc73ef
  6. Hello, when I login to Lab user a million of files open on it, what do you think is the...

Hello, when I login to Lab user a million of files open on it, what do you think is the...: When I login to a lab user I see a million files open on it and now the printer can’t also print because it’s super enlarged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-when-i-login-to-lab-user-a-million-of-files/bf984728-ab5e-486b-9a64-bf7adefc73ef
  7. Hello, when I login to Lab user a million of files open on it, what do you think is the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I am locked out of my local administrator account because windows hello login is forced on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am locked out of my local administrator account because windows hello login is forced on: In summary the issue I want fixed is having the "smartcard login is required" message fixed as I do not have a smartcard or anything set up with windows hello in order to run things as admin on my main account.I have two accounts on my pc, and I wanted to use the local admin...
  9. I am locked out of my local administrator account because windows hello login is forced on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my local administrator account because windows hello login is forced on: In summary the issue I want fixed is having the "smartcard login is required" message fixed as I do not have a smartcard or anything set up with windows hello in order to run things as admin on my main account.I have two accounts on my pc, and I wanted to use the local admin...
  10. I am locked out of my local administrator account because windows hello login is forced on

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello does not accept personal account