Windows 10: Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??

Discus and support Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt?? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; During the setup of a PIN for Windows 10 Pro on an on-prem Domain Network, users are asked to install and use the MS authenticator now? In the past... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BDM IT, Jan 14, 2021.

1. BDM IT Win User

Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??

During the setup of a PIN for Windows 10 Pro on an on-prem Domain Network, users are asked to install and use the MS authenticator now? In the past during a PIN set up, it would set up but now we can't because of the MFA prompt. Is this a feature of Windows 10 20H2 or something with our Office 365 accounts? We DO NOT run Azure AD only the version that comes with office basic.

Thanks, Eric

:)

BDM IT, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Login with PIN and Hello

Hello,

I can't find the way to enable PIN and Hello for login. We want to to have a double security like MFA. I don't know if it's possible to force to enter a pIN and use biometric to log-in.

Many thanks,

Jean-Philippe Eicher, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Jtowns25 Win User

MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

Hello,

We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being hacked!) but when checking in the admin center, the prompt was caused each time by an entity known as "Universal Store
    Native Client" which is an Application from the Resource: "Windows Store for Business"(Oh thank goodness its just a false negative. But now we're plagued with these false negatives!).

My question is; How would I go about fixing this issue?

I haven't found it so far within the Settings>Apps>Apps & Features area. I see Windows Store, but no Windows Store for Business. And even within the regular Windows Store settings I see nothing which seems out of place or like it would cause an MFA
    prompt spontaneously during the day. The kicker is, nothing pops up on the PC, just the notification on the phone. So if the fix is something like "just hit allow", we're taking a big leap of faith then since there's no visible evidence that when we get prompted
    in order to confirm that we're allowing the Windows Store and not some hacker with good timing. That's a big risk.

So if there's any other, safer, more secure way to fix this issue, please help! Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome too!

Jtowns25, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt?? - Similar Threads - HELLO PIN MFA

2. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  3. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  4. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt: I'm trying to sign into Office. Email and Password are correct but then I get 'Use Windows Hello with your account', and prompted to insert a PIN. I don't have a PIN as I have never used Windows Hello and I don't want to set it up. I can't get past this loop. 'Cancel' takes...
  5. How to get past the Windows Hello PIN prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup: See subject. When setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I was not prompted to enter my authenticator code. This is NOT acceptable. How was this simple thing overlooked?...
  7. Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup

Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup: See subject. When setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I was not prompted to enter my authenticator code. This is NOT acceptable. How was this simple thing overlooked?...
  8. Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts

Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts: Hey.I use my MS account password to log into my desktop computer operating Windows 10. Despite this, and for over a year now, Windows Hello is pestering me whenever I launch to know if I want to set up a pin. I have to skip 2 screens that I never asked to appear in the first...
  9. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt: When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I have to do this every time. How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use...
  10. MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?: Hello, We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being hacked!) but when checking in the admin center, the prompt was caused each time by an entity known as "Universal Store Native...