Windows 10: Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

Discus and support Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so hey all I am in dire need of help recently reformatted my entire hard drive and I'm trying to clean install of Windows 10 Pro, the install runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Floydgp, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Floydgp Win User

Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

Ok so hey all I am in dire need of help recently reformatted my entire hard drive and I'm trying to clean install of Windows 10 Pro, the install runs fine but when I try to select a hard drive nothing appears and I get the little "Windows needs drivers to select or install on a hard drive" something along those lines I have never had this issue and others are saying my drive is configured right. So if someone could please point me in the right direction that would be great

To sum it up

-Blank HD no partitioning

-Win 10 on USB

-Setup won't detect the drive

-HELP

I have run diskpart and the only disk found my thumb drive. I have tried installing SATA drivers no, tried to update bios I thought that it needed the newest version no. I am really getting to the point of insanity with this.

system

Z87-ud3h

i5

32 gigs ram

500 g wd blue SSD

inwin case

gt750ti

all components work am really at a loss don't know what to next. The only thing that I know of is the windows download for the tool had not worked correct since the new updates. I have replaced the SATA cables also.

:)

Floydgp, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 19, 2020
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

1. Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found - Similar Threads - help fresh install

2. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  3. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  4. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fresh Windows install fails due to no drives found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh Windows install fails due to no drives found: i have a Sager Laptop NH77HPQ wgich i attempted to install windows on from a usb however when i selected to do a clean install it didnt find any drives despite having 3 storage devices installed. my processor is an Intel Core i7 with a nvidia geforce rtx 3060 gpu.everytime i...
  6. Windows 10 fresh install bsod help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install bsod help: Well I kept getting failed windows update and tried multiple avenues to fix that and couldn’t. figured I would do a fresh install today to fix it. That’s where I messed up lol. I select my partition and the initial install goes well. On boot it starts installing devices and...
  7. Help with fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  8. Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows 10 install/consolidating drives: Hello, I’m having some trouble trying to figure out a sequence of events or if this is even possible. The situation: It is becoming apparent that I’m in need of a fresh Windows 10 install, I migrated my install over to an Intel based cpu/motherboard from my previous Ryzen...
  9. Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive

Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive: I'll try to cut my story short. The Acer I bought almost two years ago comes with no-brand M.2 SSD. It broke after a while so I bough Crucial MX500 2.5 SATA, that's because at that time I didn't even look inside and thought my laptop still runs on Sata. Anyway I connected it...
  10. HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install

HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install: Fixing a friends older PC. There are two physical hard drives in the computer and I am going to completely format and reinstall Windows10 due to the 1803 failure on that machine (can't get into literally anything now). So, the PC has 2 hard drives but boots from the...