Windows 10: Windows 10 here I come

Discus and support Windows 10 here I come in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; *cry Windows 7 is on the last leg of it's journey. I have been reading that you can activate a Windows 10 by using your Windows 7 or 8.1 product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirPower4ever, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 here I come

*cry

Windows 7 is on the last leg of it's journey. I have been reading that you can activate a Windows 10 by using your Windows 7 or 8.1 product key. I wanted to know if this is true because I am planning to install Windows 10 on my Windows 7 machines. I read that if your Windows 7 is a "Home" version then you can only use Windows 10 Home. Windows 7 Pro with Windows 10 Pro

I do not want to upgrade and I am sure some will say it is fine, but I typically like a clean install (helps with clean install of all other programs too). My understanding is that you do this

Download the appropriate ISO from Microsoft and put on a thumb
    Wipe the drive that had Windows 7
    Now insert thumb, boot to thumb and begin the install process
    At the point of "provide the license key" click the skip and do later option
    Once Windows 10 is installed and running go to the Update and Activate
    Select the change product key and enter the Windows 7 key that I have
    Then all is fine

Is that it in a nutshell? Just wanting to get ready on my systems I have. Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 here I come

Delta6326, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 here I come

1. Windows 10 here I come - Similar Threads - here

2. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.: \C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7920.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7931.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER792B.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\...
  3. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.: \C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7920.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  4. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I delete a thread here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a thread here?: I have a thread from a long time ago on here, on Microsoft communities.I want to delete that said thread due to privacy reasons.Previously there was no option to edit that thread as it was marked as answered. So I removed the thread as answered. And the Edit button appeared...
  6. How do I delete a thread here?

How do I delete a thread here?: I have a thread from a long time ago on here, on Microsoft communities.I want to delete that said thread due to privacy reasons.Previously there was no option to edit that thread as it was marked as answered. So I removed the thread as answered. And the Edit button appeared...
  7. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...
  8. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...
  9. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

10. what did I do wrong here?

what did I do wrong here?: I bought a new laptop which has it's own built in wifi connection obviously and speakers and mouse pad and that stuff because it's a laptop but without a software, tried to download windows from flash usb and iso file didn't buy one, I use a digital license but it doesn't...