Windows 10: Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased an SSD that I want to use as my primary disk. Before this SSD I was (and still am sadly) using an HHD. I have already migrated all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryceCummings, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

I just purchased an SSD that I want to use as my primary disk. Before this SSD I was (and still am sadly) using an HHD. I have already migrated all of my files using an application called 'Data Migration'. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm already incredibly confused. I want to be able to boot up my computer on nothing but my SSD but I don't know how to Transfer windows 10 over to my SSD so I can remove my HHD entierly. Is there any way I can do this without purchasing a windows 10 boot disk as I've been told I need to?

:)

BryceCummings, Aug 9, 2019

2. Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

I've purchased a refurbished computer that comes with Windows 10 Pro set up on its HHD. I want to install s SSD in the computer and run Windows from it. How do I transfer the operating system without losing the activation?

WayneLucas1, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Qraven Win User
    Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains
    my photos and other stuff. I only want to transfer my system but I haven't found a program which would allow me to do such thing.

Is there a way to create partition which would only contain my system so then I would be able to transfer my system to SSD ?

Regards

Qraven, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Hi Qraven,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We do not have an option to transfer only the OS from HDD to SSD. But the best option would be to do a clean install on SSD. After the installation, SSD will have the Active partition, so that it will be easier for you to
    recover the pc in future, if you have any trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Note: Make sure that you have backups of all data from the PC as the clean installation will remove all the files and programs from the PC. After the installation you can restore
    the data back to the HDD.

To do a clean installation, you will need a USB/DVD. You can follow the Microsoft article or check the video suggested by
    PaulSeyHow
    to create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide.

Once the bootable media is created, you can follow the steps in this article on ‘How
    to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step
    Guide
    ’ to install the Windows 10 on your SSD.

Once the system is up and running, you can restore all your files to HDD. Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

1. Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer - Similar Threads - HHD SSD Transfer

2. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  3. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  4. Replace HHD with SSD

Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  5. Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2: I need some help with transferring Windows 10 64-Bit to my M.2 Drive... So where do I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-windows-10-from-a-hhd-to-an-ssd-m2/777554b7-4bfd-49a8-98f7-55ddf37dd194
  6. Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD: how do I get the installed software on my HHD with Win 10 to work with my SSD with Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-hhd-to-a-win-10-ssd/ea8cbb19-2aab-4872-942e-e0490820af36
  7. Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer: I've purchased a refurbished computer that comes with Windows 10 Pro set up on its HHD. I want to install s SSD in the computer and run Windows from it. How do I transfer the operating system without losing the activation?...
  8. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  9. Run SSD and HHD in harmony

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run SSD and HHD in harmony: Hey, I am a long term Mac user and have replaced the main PC with a windows 10 one which has been custom built. The OS is stored on the 120GB SSD drive and there is also a 1TB HHD that I want to use as the library and also place for installing programs etc. Basically...
  10. Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD: Okay, One of my systems currently has Windows 7 Home Premium that somewhere along the line I used it to play around with 10. Because when I go to the Windows upgrade site, it is recognized as a Windows 10 machine. Now, I am currently running on HHDs a couple of 4TB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer win 10 from ssd 120Gb C: to new ssd 500Gb

2. migrate folders from f to c

3. copy alot of files to my ssd no files found