Windows 10: Windows 10 hiberfil.sys

Discus and support Windows 10 hiberfil.sys in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good day everyone, While attempting to free up some space on my computer I discovered I have a 13GB hibernation file. I do not use hibernation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by David-Murica, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 hiberfil.sys

Good day everyone,

While attempting to free up some space on my computer I discovered I have a 13GB hibernation file. I do not use hibernation and simply power down my machine. My question is whether or not this file/function is used for some other purpose, or if it is safe to remove/disable hibernation if do not plan to hibernate my computer.

:)

David-Murica, Feb 11, 2020
  2. makwy2 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Pagefile size depends on RAM, just find optimal value and stick to that.

If you use SSD and want more free space then disable System Restore. It is far more efficient than disabling hiberfil

After disabling hibernation hiberfil.sys gets deleted automatically.

Drone, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 hiberfil.sys

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 hiberfil.sys

1. Windows 10 hiberfil.sys - Similar Threads - hiberfil sys

2. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...: Hi All,In my system System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent creating these folders and files...
  3. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...: Hi All,In my system System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent creating these folders and files...
  4. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  6. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  7. How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil

How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil: Hello, I'm on an HP Zbook mobile workstation with 1To of harddrive and 64Go of RAM win 10 pro. I just noticed today that my pagefil.sys is 67108864 Ko and my hiberfil.sis is 66985172 Ko. Both make already 127Go which is very big. I would like to know if : 1- I can delete...
  8. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?: [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?...
  9. How to specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]By default, the Hibernation file or hiberfile (C:\hiberfil.sys) is 75% of the total amount of RAM installed on your Windows 10 computer. Fast startup requires that hibernate be enabled. If you only want to use Fast startup and don’t plan [...] This post How...
  10. Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10: Hello, I have one SSD and one HDD. now Windows 10 installed in SSD. How can I move Page File and hiberfil to HDD from SDD? Thanks [ATTACH]...