Windows 10: Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

Discus and support Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LongEmergency, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start menu. Now it has been removed and it does not seem possible to re-enable (see screenshot of power options below).

I believe this occurred after an update as the computer was left on overnight and I lost all open browser windows.

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update? 9ca90e97-edc4-4362-9212-c7ef8c10182f?upload=true.png

:)

LongEmergency, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jan 11, 2019
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 11, 2019
  4. itiod Win User

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update? 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

1. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update? - Similar Threads - Hibernate option has

2. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...: I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are currently unable"Then finally check the box next to "Hibernate" option. However that option itself disappeared. Did Microsoft...
  3. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...: I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are currently unable"Then finally check the box next to "Hibernate" option. However that option itself disappeared. Did Microsoft...
  4. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11: Win 11 operating systemWhen I bought my computer 2 years ago, one of the set-up functions I performed was to put Hibernate in as one of my power options. Then a few days ago it disappeared from my power menu, along with the power function of the Control panelTo be specific,...
  6. Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11: Win 11 operating systemWhen I bought my computer 2 years ago, one of the set-up functions I performed was to put Hibernate in as one of my power options. Then a few days ago it disappeared from my power menu, along with the power function of the Control panelTo be specific,...
  7. The "hibernation" command has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    The "hibernation" command has disappeared: Good evening I updated to the latest (Italian) version of W10 (18362.239) and for some time, I don't remember when, that I wasn't using hibernation, today I needed it and I discovered that I miss this command. I made the direct command, as an administrator, "powercfg.exe /...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option: I have noticed that after every update for Windows 10, the update removes my Hibernation option. I always have to use the command prompt with Administrator rights to reinstate the Hibernation option because it is has not been an option to restore it in the Settings (one...
  9. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...
  10. Brightness option disappeared after last update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness option disappeared after last update of windows 10: Brightness option disappeared after last update of windows 10, does anyone know how to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-option-disappeared-after-last-update-of/fb4ff985-93ce-4464-b17c-9b9aac2c1a42

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where has hibernsate option gone?

2. hibernate is gone after update

3. windows 10 1809 hibernate option gone