Windows 10: Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, One week before i have cloned my ssd disk for bigger space and now I working with my new cloned ssd disk. But hibernate is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hüseyin Durak, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer

Hello everyone,

One week before i have cloned my ssd disk for bigger space and now I working with my new cloned ssd disk. But hibernate is not working anymore. When i click for hibernate it only does log out and i am seeing password screen. It must be power down the computer after finishing writing last system state to the disk. I have also tried to define new power plans for using hibernate it didnt work. I also tried to disable fast boot option and it didnt work again. And also if i activate fast boot option Shut down does not work either. But if i disable fast boot option Shut down works as expected and power down my computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

:)

Hüseyin Durak, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer

1. Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer - Similar Threads - Hibernate Problem Does

2. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  3. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  4. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OrangeandKirby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kngh64/i_turned_on_my_windows_10_computer_and_then/
  7. Hibernating turns the PC off

Hibernating turns the PC off: Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? submitted by /u/thunderbong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kizla2/hibernating_turns_the_pc_off/
  8. Hibernate and Suspend turn off my ASUS VivoBook

Hibernate and Suspend turn off my ASUS VivoBook: Both options doesn't work since last windows update, i've tried all the solutions on internet forums, like this on CMD Window: Sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. Turning off Hibernation

Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer turns on by itself in hibernation Windows 10

Computer turns on by itself in hibernation Windows 10: so, i know for sure i put my laptop in hibernation. I set up my power button so when pressed, it hibernates (when i googled hibernate vs sleep) Hibernate. Hibernate mode is very similar to sleep, but instead of saving your open documents and running applications to your RAM,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hibernate not working