Windows 10: Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5]

Discus and support Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5] in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Community Gurus, Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by simaly78, Jan 15, 2021.

1. simaly78 Win User

Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5]

Dear Community Gurus,

Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks.

Situation:
    - Brand new Lenovo Legion 5.

- I added an extra SSD into it Samsung - nVme M2

- Clean install of Win 10 Pro

- Latest drivers - Win Updates, nVidia drivers, AMD chipset drivers, other drivers by Lenovo etc.

The issue:

- [MINOR] Conservation mode in Lenovo Vantage doesn't work i.e. with A/C plugged, battery keeps on charging over 70%

- Hibernation does not work at all. If I click Start -> Power -> Hibernate, the screen just blinks. All LEDs remain on, fans on, sometimes the PC goes to lock screen. But it does not 'shut down'.

- The PC started waking itself at night for no reason. I checked 'powercfg -devicequery wake_armed' and it is empty. Same for 'powercfg -requests'. Sleep Study report HTML happy to share contains an 'Abnormal Shutdown' event a couple of times a day, especially at night. Looking into Event Viewer, the below events caught my eye:

<log>

[Information] - The system time has changed to {...}. Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock. Process: '' PID 4. // the 1st event occurring deep in the night as the PC wakes up

[Information] - Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 4, FullResume: 535, AverageResume: 526

[Information] - The \Device\NDMP3 service entered the IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz state. // WLAN-related -> I updated WLAN drivers w/ the latest from Lenovo website, no change

[Information] - 7010 - driver enabled miniport init

[Information] - 7017 - secure boot SB configuration

[Information ] - WLAN Extensibility Module has successfully started. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

[Information] - The system has returned from a low power state.

*** [Error] volmg ~ The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver. ***

</log>

Fixes tried:

- Very many... listing them all would take long so I'd rather wait for your suggestions first

- Last hope was installing an Samsung nVme driver which had been suggested in this related thread my issue and HW is a very close match, with the exception I'm not running RAID. I've also tried other fixes mentioned there to no avail.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unable-to-hibernate-the-system-could/842309de-a866-4648-8f14-7e5ecf169bb9?page=2

Thank you in advance for having a think.

:)

simaly78, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5

Don't see anything useful in the dump but the system even log shows this:

Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5] [​IMG]

Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5] [​IMG]

Looks like you have a hardware problem. Contact Lenovo and have them fix or replace the system. No way a new system should have this kind of problem.

Ztruker, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2021
  4. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5] - Similar Threads - hibernate unwanted wake

2. Keyboard on Lenovo legion 5 won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard on Lenovo legion 5 won’t work: Hi all, from yesterday I cannot type anything on the laptop however I’m able to click FN+Space to change the brightness of my keyboard keys backlights so it’s responding to that.I’ve followed previous threads and checked in device manager but the keyboard doesn’t have any...
  3. Keyboard on Lenovo legion 5 won’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard on Lenovo legion 5 won’t work: Hi all, from yesterday I cannot type anything on the laptop however I’m able to click FN+Space to change the brightness of my keyboard keys backlights so it’s responding to that.I’ve followed previous threads and checked in device manager but the keyboard doesn’t have any...
  4. lenovo legion 5 15ach6h bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo legion 5 15ach6h bsod whea_uncorrectable_error: hello my laptop, Lenovo legion, has been having random BSOD error code: whea_uncorrectable_error.i upgraded the bios and downgrade it, but i still have the same problem, mostly when it's unplugged.so far, a reinstalled Windows made sure every drive and window is up-to-date,...
  5. lenovo legion 5 15ach6h bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lenovo legion 5 15ach6h bsod whea_uncorrectable_error: hello my laptop, Lenovo legion, has been having random BSOD error code: whea_uncorrectable_error.i upgraded the bios and downgrade it, but i still have the same problem, mostly when it's unplugged.so far, a reinstalled Windows made sure every drive and window is up-to-date,...
  6. Lenovo Legion 5 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion 5 15: I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen Windows 10 21H1 This is the fastest thing I have ever used. Until June this year all I had was a Chromebook, then I bought an...
  7. Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking: My Lenovo Legion 5 (82AU00BVUS) keeps waking from sleep, even though I've taken all sorts of steps to prevent it. WinVer: 20H2 (19042.867) System bios info: SMBIOSBIOSVersion EFCN38WW Here's what I've done so far: 1. Disable wake timers I completely disabled wake timers...
  8. Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues: Dear Community Gurus, Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks. Situation: - Brand new Lenovo Legion 5. - I added an extra...
  9. Windows wakes up unwantedly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows wakes up unwantedly: Hello, I've been having the issue of my computer unwantedly waking up from sleep mode. It occurs very often right after putting it to sleep (I usually have to put it asleep again once or twice more before it doesn't wake up again) or when I get up from the chair at my desk...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo legion 5 pro freeze on sleep