Windows 10: Windows 10 hibernate

Discus and support Windows 10 hibernate in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional x64 build 19041.572 2004/May2020 Update. Updates complete thru to 10/14/2020. Hibernate has failed several times in the past.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by c9637m, Oct 17, 2020.

1. c9637m Win User

Windows 10 hibernate

Windows 10 Professional x64 build 19041.572 2004/May2020 Update. Updates complete thru to 10/14/2020. Hibernate has failed several times in the past. It failed again recently. I ran powercfg /h to enable and disable the hibernate feature. I unconfigured Power Options, set to default and reconfigured. None helped the Control Panel Power Options enable hibernate after the appropriate timeout. The command C:\windows\system32\shutdown /h works from Windows-Run window and from a .bat file. Any helpful ideas.

Regards, Charles

:)

c9637m, Oct 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Oct 17, 2020
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 hibernate

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 hibernate

1. Windows 10 hibernate - Similar Threads - hibernate

2. My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.: The only way I found to stop this, is to cut the power for a while, immediately after the fans stop, and when the power is given again, it won't wake itself up, and only pressing the power button will start it the target here.I hibernated, and ran the commands that I saw on...
  3. Windows PC wakes immediatley after sleep or hibernate, without any keypress, timer, action...

Windows PC wakes immediatley after sleep or hibernate, without any keypress, timer, action...: 1. All wake timers are disabled, also I disabled wake on LAN in BIOS.2. Ther's only one device allowed to wake PC up, see:C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed HID Keyboard Device 010HID Keyboard Device 010 = Logitech k280 keyboard connected to MBs USB port,...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  5. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  6. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  8. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  9. I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF314-55, booting up Windows 10 through an external SSD. My laptop supports USB wake from S4 Support, so I would like to use my USB keyboard to wake up my laptop, as I always use an external monitor anyway, and it's kind of a hassle to open the...
  10. I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...

I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF314-55, booting up Windows 10 through an external SSD. My laptop supports USB wake from S4 Support, so I would like to use my USB keyboard to wake up my laptop, as I always use an external monitor anyway, and it's kind of a hassle to open the...