Windows 10: Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Discus and support Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsaidSalazar, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me with the "low battery" blue dialogue box/warning, my laptop went black, and a blue screen appeared with a loading circle that only said "Locking". It turned off, so I had to plug it back to charge and then hit the power button above the keyboard. It turned on and got me to the regular sign-in page where I signed in with Win

:)

IsaidSalazar, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

1. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking - Similar Threads - Hibernating Locking

2. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  3. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  4. How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?

How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?: The setting in accounts>sign in options>Require sign-in toggles locking for both sleep and hibernation. Is there a way to make it require sign-in after hibernation but not after sleep?...
  5. PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O: Model: Lenovo Legion T5 tower-Windows 10 21H1 19043.1081-Intel Core i7 10700F-Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060-Crucial 32GB 2x16 2933MHz RAM-Samsung 860 and 970 Evo SSDs-650W PSUFor about a week, my PC will completely lock up several minutes after waking up from sleep or hibernate....
  6. WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN

WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN: My dell Latitude laptop, which is a few months old, has 8Gb and an SSD, Core i5, running Windows 10 Pro more often than not fails to hibernate and just returns to the lock screen. In addition to Windows I have installed Sophos antivirus, Office 2019, Teams, Adobe reader...
  7. My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking: I am having trouble with my laptop that keeps hibernating/locking itself. I have tried a past method on your website which doesn’t seem to be working for me either....
  8. my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...

my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop. it goes to sleep and hibernate whenever I'm playing games. the screen goes blue and says "locking" randomly. i search in community and mostly said it is battery issue or BIOS issue. I already did all the solved solution but it didn't...
  9. Laptop Hibernating, Locking, then shutting down a while after startup

Laptop Hibernating, Locking, then shutting down a while after startup: This happened ever since last Friday. I have never encountered this problem before. After startup, somewhere between 0 mins to 5 mins, my laptop shows "Hibernating" followed by "locking" then it just shuts down. Sometimes it just shuts down without the locking screen....
  10. Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games: Hi, When i was playing games in my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window and it also says hibernating, and then goes to blank. I have to switch off the laptop then on to restart. This is happening only while plugged in...