Windows 10: Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Discus and support Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaidSalazar, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me with the "low battery" blue dialogue box/warning, my laptop went black, and a blue screen appeared with a loading circle that only said "Locking". It turned off, so I had to plug it back to charge and then hit the power button above the keyboard. It turned on and got me to the regular sign-in page where I signed in with Win

:)

IsaidSalazar, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

1. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking - Similar Threads - Hibernating Locking

2. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...
  3. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...
  4. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  5. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  6. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

7. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  8. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  9. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

10. When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.: This always had been happening to me for awhile now, I tried to solve the issue but I think I'm doing it wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-my-charger-in-it-locks-or-hibernates/cd2bd241-a95e-4387-9c23-83c1cafb4b27