Windows 10: Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log

Discus and support Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer has been going into hibernation without any apparent cause. A reasonable guess would be a fan failed. I've launched SpeedFan, but unless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compupix, Jan 2, 2017.

1. compupix Win User

Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log

My computer has been going into hibernation without any apparent cause. A reasonable guess would be a fan failed. I've launched SpeedFan, but unless I'm starring at it while an event happens, I don't think it will do me much good.
    Does Windows 10 log the reason for hibernation? If yes, where do I look? If no, can this functionality be added?
    I've looked at the system event viewer but was unable to make sense of it.
    The hibernate events tend to happen while watching DirecTV Now.
    I'm not sure it is hibernate. Here is what happens: The computer shuts down. I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. It takes much longer than waking from sleep to relaunch. Active programs are still open when the computer relaunches.
    Thanks!

:)

compupix, Jan 2, 2017

2. How can writing to file when the computer is idle be reduced? (Things such as event logs, etc.)

Is there a known method for reducing the event logging and or other routine logging that happens during periods of none use? Second question, if possible to add it, can my desk top be made to hibernate under Windows 10? It is when using Ubuntu Linux.

inquisitive1XL, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Service restart after hibernation

You could create a scheduled task that fires on return from hibernation. Examine the Event Viewer to check what events are logged when this happens.

Frederik Long, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System. Look for Kernel-Power events. For an intentional hibernation when I closed my laptop lid it shows:
    For a hibernation on the battery running flat it says:

Bree, Jan 2, 2017
  5. compupix Win User
    Thanks Bree.
    This is what I found:
    Yesterday at 12:15 pm a master browser stopped: "The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{D05968AA-8F35-43B6-8032-447944C9DD5E} because a master browser was stopped."
    Also, an 'information' shows the reason for sleep as being "Battery."
    I am using a desktop unit which is plugged into an APC battery. The battery currently shows as being 100%. I will double check the USB connections and keep an eye out for battery problems.

There are tons of errors resembling:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {E579AB5F-1CC4-44B4-BED9-DE0991FF0623}
    and APPID
    {56BE716B-2F76-4DFA-8702-67AE10044F0B}
    to the user DESKTOP-IQFLRIJ\Drew SID (S-1-5-21-3589270491-4234010041-3219396542-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I don't know if those errors are related or significant.

compupix, Jan 2, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    No, not related. The 'master browser was stopped' just means the machine on your network that was the master browser had been shut down. One PC on your network is the central repository that your PC queries to get the list of names for all machines that you see on the network. Only one PC can be the master browser, if it is turned off an election is called to find another to take its place. This is normal behaviour.

The pair of event IDs 10010 and 10016 for DistributedCOM errors are also unrelated and just about everyone seems to see them. Apparently they hav no ill effect and are safe to ignore. Error 10016 in Event Viewer

The 'reason for sleep: Battery' seems the significant one. Either your UPS battery is really having problems or the communication between it and the PC is faulty. If that's by a USB cable I'd unplug and reconnect it to make sure there's a clean contact.

Bree, Jan 3, 2017
  7. compupix Win User
    I have had no problems since reseating both ends of the battery's USB cable.
    Thanks Bree!

compupix, Jan 12, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Glad it helped. If only all problems were that easy to fix.*Smile

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log - Similar Threads - Hibernation Event Log

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  4. Windows log event

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows log event: Hi Team,Recently I observed one of the event as mentioned below.<13>Jul 30 15:53:24 10.10.200.11 Agent Device=Windows Log Agent LogFile=Security PluginVersion=7.2.9.96 Source=Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Computer=BD******.co.in Originating Computer-192.168.200.11 User=...
  5. Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Event Viewer is a way to see all the logged events. However, […] This article Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT: Goodmorning to everybody, I have an HP brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it. While addressing a serious BSoD question, I run into the Event Log of Windows and I discovered a huge amount of errors of the form: "SearchIndexer 7976,D,18 Windows: Database...
  7. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  8. Windows event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows event log: Hello. I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I'm playing a game called Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and it keeps crashing onto desktop, and this is what I've found in the event log: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Response: Not available Cab...
  9. Event Log Permissions Windows 10

Event Log Permissions Windows 10: How to set permissions for event log in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-permissions-windows-10/0e989f54-dbb1-4a05-863f-87ed6cf7063d"
  10. windows 10 event log

windows 10 event log: Hi, I'm having problems getting windows 10 to auto archive my event logs, the registry shows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Security DisplayNameFile REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\wevtapi.dll DisplayNameID REG_DWORD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hibernate event ID

2. event viewer hibernate

3. Event ID hibernate

4. Read sleep hibernate Logs in Event Viewer in Windows,
  5. eventviewer logs hibernate,
  6. event viewer hibernation,
  7. event log hibernate,
  8. event id computer hibernation,
  9. sleep hibernate logs collect win 10,
  10. hibernate event win 10,
  11. windows eventlog hibernate,