Windows 10: Windows 10 Hibernation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Hibernation problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i have installed windows 10 build 10074. After using it for a while, I havent any problems except for hibernation. I have enabled hibernation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by talhasiddiqi, May 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Hibernation problem

Hello i have installed windows 10 build 10074. After using it for a while, I havent any problems except for hibernation. I have enabled hibernation from CMD and added its option in start menu, but when i click hibernate in the start menu, it just sleeps, and dosent power off completely.

I dont know if this is somekind of a new feature or something, but i like the 'orignal' hibernation better.

Any solutions??

Regards

:)

talhasiddiqi, May 26, 2015
  2. trelumas Win User

Windows 10 hibernate not working

Hi, I search the forums for hibernation problems in Windows 10 but they are irrelevant to what I am experiencing so I'll post another thread with the scenario I am encountering.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 three months ago and experience no problems so for until the recent Windows 10 update wherein hibernation is not working properly.

Whenever I hibernate my laptop (HP pavillion touch smart) and open it the next morning, it does not open anymore. So what I did is that I put on the power plug and sit it for about a minute or two then power it on. With that, I notice that the battery drained
    from 100% to empty which should not be because it is in "hibernation" mode. I did not encounter any problems with hibernation until just recently Windows 10 updated.

Whenever I hibernate it, it shuts off so I assume it is already in I hibernation mode. I tried pressing keys and move the mouse just to make sure it is hibernating. The next morning when I power it on, battery's drained to 0% though the apps that were open
    are still there.

With that, I am not sure why Windows 10 is draining my battery even though it is already in Hibernation mode. What's even weird is that the issue is intermittent. Sometimes the battery is drained, sometimes it works fine.

Thank you for the help

trelumas, May 26, 2015
  3. Computer does not Start after Updating to Fall Creators Update.

Only after 2 hours the notebook hibernate. The time to hibernate configured to 25 minutes is not being considerated by Windows 10

Andre_Melo_Medeiros, May 26, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Windows 10 Hibernation problem

i had to struggle with the same thing, nothing basically worked and after hibernation / sleep, it just kept restarting itself every 4 to 60minutes *Smile i disabled the cloud software and automatic updating/syncing and it went better. now with 10125 no problemos

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  5. How did you disable the auto sync?

Where did you get 10125? You had to update to fix the problem or did disabling sync solve it?

talhasiddiqi, May 26, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    its on the cloud options, sorry cant remember it now and im at work, trying to check it for you at home. theres leaked ISO for 10125, i had to take it cause of memory issues in 10122. i didnt had to but disable the onedrive and no problems, didnt touched the sync settings on this version.

just try to keep in mind, there might be some other ways to solve this problem, like few have managed to get it working by disabling IpV6 from the network options too. this didnt help me on earlier build tho.

batlhilz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Hibernation problem

1. Windows 10 Hibernation problem - Similar Threads - Hibernation problem

2. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  3. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  4. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  5. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  6. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  7. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  8. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  10. hibernation problem with my laptop

hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867