Windows 10: Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McGowan_3791, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. A problem for a different day The problem I'm having is that Windows keeps telling me it's time to update, despite the updates not working. I'm sure you can picture these update reminders. Big banners that interrupt what you are doing, take up the whole screen, and shout at you to update your computer. And the best option you have is to tell it to wait for one hour. The issue, is that these notifications are quite the disturbance. Especially when I'm playing a game or trying to work and these updates have negative impacts on my ability to do those activities. Nothing beats being in the middle of a boss fight, and then losing said fight because of these notifications. I've tried nearly everything I've found online, and have hunted through my settings, but haven't had any luck figuring out how to keep these notifications from interrupting me every hour. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might keep Windows from doing this?

:)

McGowan_3791, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 10, 2020
  3. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 10, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

95Viper, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

1. Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications - Similar Threads - Hide Update Notifications

2. Show or hide Display options for Update notifications in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Display options for Update notifications in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can show or hide the Display options for Update notifications on your Windows 11 computer using Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor. This article explains both methods, and you can follow them according to your Windows 11 version (Home, Pro, etc.). Windows 11...
  3. hiding windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hiding windows 10 update: I have just spent some time investigating Update and don't like what I see... Microsoft is not allowing the user to decide which updates to install. It used to be possible to do this I believe but on my PC it's now not possible. Or is it? I have read simliar posts which...
  4. Hide Update Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. Now, this isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that it keeps telling me it's time to...
  5. hiding windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hiding windows 10 update: Hello --- I am trying to debug an issue so I wanted to hide update to find which one could be the problem. I used the tool wushowhide.diagcab it found the updates, but could not hide the one in question --- is there a way around this? Is there a point in the...
  6. how to hide "notification icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to hide "notification icon": I want to get rid of the following icon, what should I do? [img] 53671
  7. how to hide defender definition update notifications?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to hide defender definition update notifications?: I am regularly getting notifications to update windows defender virus definitions. I don't want to update regulary. I download new database every 6 months or so, and then merge to it. In w8, in Security and Maintenance, there was a clear option to stop such...
  8. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...
  9. Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for...
  10. Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC screen only, duplicate on second display,...