Windows 10: Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following recent Update crash all files folders became read-only. The only work around was to create a separate account/log-in. Now almost all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George C.Gluchowski, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

Following recent Update crash all files folders became read-only. The only work around was to create a separate account/log-in. Now almost all of my files/folders are locked up with denial of access, cannot save here, other denial comments because of no administrator permission, etc. Is there a standard hierarchy for these. Which/who is the owner/user? How many different users/account holders should there be?

I count at least an average of 5 -6 groups or user names for each file I open, administrator/owner/system and... eveyone!

Does anyone know how manv there are/should be?

:)

George C.Gluchowski, Sep 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts :(

Zakin, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

1. Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts - Similar Threads - hierarchy owners users

2. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  3. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  6. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  7. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.: Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC I took a screen capture and wanted to cut/paste from where it is now (Desktop) and put it in the subfolder "new Credit Union" after notice ="you will have to...
  9. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...