Windows 10: Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?

Discus and support Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the High contrast theme for Windows 10 because it allows for customization of the Window metric colors natively. I noticed that Taskbar buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ginger_bread84, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?

I use the High contrast theme for Windows 10 because it allows for customization of the Window metric colors natively. I noticed that Taskbar buttons on the left and right side both have vertical separators between them, and they seem to be reliant on the Title bar text color. If someone knows the element of the .msstyle that I need to change, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/XzpxI7N

submitted by /u/ginger_bread84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ginger_bread84, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

High Contrast Themes Issue

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: To Adjust Brightness

• Take your mouse pointer to the right flank of the taskbar and hit the Notification icon.

• Press Expand if the lower part of the Action center is shrunken.
    • The light icon under which percentage of the brightness at present is written avails you the platform from where you can control the brightness.
    • Clicking the Brightness icon either increase or decrease the brilliance of your system screen by 25%. Hence, you are pretty efficient to adjust the brightness on Windows 10 machine from this location.
    Step 2: To Adjust Brightness through Settings.

• Take your mouse pointer to the
      Settings icon located at the lower part of the start menu.

• Hit System.

• Toggle the Brightness level slider to
      Adjust Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop.
    2. To Adjust Brightness and Contrast both from the same Platform

1. Click Cortana search at the
    taskbar using the mouse.

2. Write the text
    Calibrate display color
    in the Cortana search box and click the same on the Start Menu.

3. On Display Color Calibration window, click
    Next button at the bottom to proceed further.

4. A new window called
    Set basic color settings appears on the screen. Again Click Next button.

5. Similarly, you get another windowHow to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.

6. Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your
    desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness decreases. This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
    Next button.

7. Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
    Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.

Otherwise, you only click Next button to open the window
    How to adjust brightness.

8. In the How to adjust brightness window, you can see three examples of brightness pictures each labelled with
    too dark, good brightness, and too bright. Click
    Next button.

9. Use the controls of your display to increase or reduce the brightness until you clearly see the given picture. (There are many ways to set the brightness. You can do it with your
    keyboard keys, from the action center or from the
    Settings app also).

10. After adjusting the brightness, click
    Next button.

11. Now, you will be explained
    How to adjust the contrast. Here also you will be shown three instances of
    Not enough contrast, good contrast and too much contrast. Click
    Next.

12. The following screen will tell you to use the contrast controls of your display to adjust the contrast. Well, presently there are no toggles to adjust contrast and also most of the laptops do not provide
    a key to adjust contrast. But if needed, you can set a high contrast theme. Read the below sub-points to set high contrast theme or go to point number 13.

• With the
      Ease of Access
      under Control Panel, you can choose a high contrast theme.

• So, when you are into the
      Ease of Access window, click Make the computer easier to see.

• This takes you to another window where you can see
      High Contrast section. Now to set a high contrast theme, jointly pressleft Alt, left Shift and
      PrtSc keys.

• A separate dialog box of
      High Contrast will emerge asking for your confirmation. Click
      Yes and you can see everything changed into high contrast.

• A separate dialog box of
      High Contrast will emerge asking for your confirmation. Click
      Yes and you can see everything changed into high contrast.

• To get back to the previous settings of contrast theme, again press
      left Alt, left Shift and PrtScn keys.
    13. Click Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.

14. In the window
    How to adjust color balance
    , hit the Next button to go further window.

15. Here, you will notice another window
    Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
    red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
    Next button.

16. Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

Do let us know if you still face issue with screen brightness. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 9, 2020
  3. File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?

Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?

1. Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - high contrast theme

2. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  3. How to set the default High Contrast Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set the default High Contrast Theme: I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as most people are thrown off when they see a non-standard layout. Unless you are used to High Contrast it can sometimes be...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme

Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme: Windows 10 version 1803 always boots up with the High Contrast #1 Theme set? *Shock note 1:Themes were working fine up to the version 1709 update? *chuckle note 2: I was forced to re-install after a crashed disk and again themes worked fine up until version 1709. This is a...
  5. White boxes in black High Contrast theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White boxes in black High Contrast theme: Dear Microsoft I have been patiently waiting for this issue to be fixed for years (ever since Windows 8) but you have not fixed it, and I am tired of waiting. Maybe this is not a big deal for those, who use the standard white windows theme, but for those of us who have eye...
  6. My struggle to set a high contrast theme

My struggle to set a high contrast theme: One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the color selection. Now I tried...
  7. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  8. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  9. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...
  10. Are there and Windows Ten High Contrast Themes that don’t require the

Are there and Windows Ten High Contrast Themes that don’t require the: I just upgrade to Win 10 from 7 where I used a high contrast theme which required the old classic theme. I was able to re-install the classic themes and Win 10 does do better with the HC versions in general – with the OS, apps and browsers and sites. But, I do miss the...