Windows 10: Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Task Manage Inaccurate

Discus and support Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Task Manage Inaccurate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have noticed games closing because of too much memory usage. So I opened up task manager to take a look. With just Microsoft Edge open it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Damedius, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Damedius Win User

Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Task Manage Inaccurate

So I have noticed games closing because of too much memory usage. So I opened up task manager to take a look.

With just Microsoft Edge open it says 40- 43% memory usage.

Now when I actually take a rough estimate of how much memory is being used by adding up all the values in task manager, it's a little over 1 gig.

So it seems that Windows 10 is using a lot of memory and task manger is either inaccurate or missing some of the programs using memory.

:)

Damedius, Apr 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high

Hi, my guess would be a memory leak - driver - I'm no expert here. Clearly your RAM use is not allocated to obvious processes and is excessive- that said, there's plenty loaded using RAM not shown in the simple list provided by the task manager.

See:
    Windows 10 high memory usage (unknown reason) - Super User
    This is a confusing post at first, but shows ways to get info:
    Memory usage being up at 80 -100% - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 23, 2020
  3. FrankS Win User
    Task Manager inaccurate?

Hi
    I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources.
    Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use!
    So how is it giving me useful results, is it simply inaccurate or am I misunderstanding it's function?

FrankS, Apr 23, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Task Manager inaccurate?

Th disk usage in Processes is a bit misleading. It's the Mb/s per time interval, which is default 1 second. It's not cumulative. Process Monitor would be a better choice, highlighting CPU and DISK so you can see them both at the same time.

Process Monitor is at the bottom of the Performance tab.

f14tomcat, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Task Manage Inaccurate - Similar Threads - High Memory Usage

2. High Memory Usage in Task Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage in Task Manager in Windows 11: My laptop is running on Windows 11 for more than a year. The laptop was running smooth but from a couple of weeks the laptops start to lag sometimes. I have restarted the laptop and checked also then also faced the same issue.As soon as I start my laptop and checked the task...
  3. High Memory Usage in Task Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage in Task Manager in Windows 11: My laptop is running on Windows 11 for more than a year. The laptop was running smooth but from a couple of weeks the laptops start to lag sometimes. I have restarted the laptop and checked also then also faced the same issue.As soon as I start my laptop and checked the task...
  4. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  5. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  6. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  8. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  9. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Task Manager inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager inaccurate?: Hi I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources. Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use! So how is it giving me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high memory usage microsoft edge