Windows 10: Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the...

Discus and support Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArisZach [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArisZach, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the...

/u/ArisZach, Jun 5, 2020

2. RAM usage too high in idle ?

Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the... [​IMG]

Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the... [​IMG]

This is what happened.

JordanMihailov, Jun 5, 2020
  3. JOGAN Win User
    Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running.

On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed.

So is that a normal amount for windows 10? Does W10 just utilise more ram?

How much memory is windows 10 using for you?

JOGAN, Jun 5, 2020
  4. worf105 Win User

Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the...

Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

My system uses around 1.6 GB while at idle.

worf105, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the...

1. Windows 10 high RAM usage on idle. Is it normal? Started after the recent update with the... - Similar Threads - high RAM usage

2. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  3. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  4. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ram usage when idle: I have a 8 gb ram laptop. When i close all the programs via task manager, the memory usage is still about 3-4 gb. How do i reduce this? I have tried everything as told in the following youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKnDbHibig Also, the memory in processes...
  5. High ram usage when idle

High ram usage when idle: I have a 8 gb ram laptop. When i close all the programs via task manager, the memory usage is still about 3-4 gb. How do i reduce this? I have tried everything as told in the following youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKnDbHibig Also, the memory in processes...
  6. High RAM usage while idle

High RAM usage while idle: Hello, I've got a problem with RAM, where after boot up it starts at around 20-30% usage, which is already high compared to what is shown to be used in task manager, but then ramps up to about 60-80% idle within an hour or two if not faster. I've done a clean boot, which then...
  7. High Ram usage while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Ram usage while idle: Hi,I bought Asus Vivobook ultra k14 a couple months ago..it has 8 GB ram,its working fine but i need to know that is 50% of ram usage when the system is idlethat is 4 GB is normal? Screenshot:and while gaming games like valorant the ram usage is around 90%! Can somebody help...
  8. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...