Windows 10: Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help.

Discus and support Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, for the past few days my Icons and thumbnail previews are not working anymore. Here is a recording of the issue. https://youtu.be/CdoA2EJjNB8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David Beczuk, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help.

Hi, for the past few days my Icons and thumbnail previews are not working anymore.

Here is a recording of the issue.

https://youtu.be/CdoA2EJjNB8

Can anyone please help me solve this issue?

Here is what I tried thus far:

1. sfc /scannow

2. rebuilt the icon and thumbnail cash

3. verified that the "Always show Icons, never thumbnails" is checked off.

4. verified that the "Show thumbnails instead of Icons" is checked under Performance options

:)

David Beczuk, Oct 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help.

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help.

1. Windows 10 - High resolution Icons and thumbnails not working anymore. Please help. - Similar Threads - High resolution Icons

2. Dualshock4 controller not working anymore, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dualshock4 controller not working anymore, please help: i am in dire need for help, this has been going on for i believe two months.i have been experiencing issues for my dualshock 4 controllers, yes, in plural. I have two original Playstation 4 controllers, they came with my playstation, they are not off brand or second hand.when...
  3. Dualshock4 controller not working anymore, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dualshock4 controller not working anymore, please help: i am in dire need for help, this has been going on for i believe two months.i have been experiencing issues for my dualshock 4 controllers, yes, in plural. I have two original Playstation 4 controllers, they came with my playstation, they are not off brand or second hand.when...
  4. Folder icon not working ?! please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder icon not working ?! please help.: hello ! im on windows 10, brand new pc, got it yesterday, and brand new microsoft account. i made a couple folders to fir icons, pictures, games and stuff. i changed the icons of my folders individually without changing the overall delfaut icon in windows if i create a new...
  5. Folder icon not working ?! please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icon not working ?! please help.: hello ! im on windows 10, brand new pc, got it yesterday, and brand new microsoft account. i made a couple folders to fir icons, pictures, games and stuff. i changed the icons of my folders individually without changing the overall delfaut icon in windows if i create a new...
  6. Folder icon not working ?! please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor: Hello, I run Windows 10 on my 75" living room TV. My resolution is 3840x2160 at 300% zoom with an NVIDIA GTX 1050ti, HDMI. It looks great with 95% of the apps I use. However, when viewing photo/image thumbnails in the File Explorer they appear very small even if I have...
  8. Built in sound not working anymore, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built in sound not working anymore, PLEASE HELP: So I was playing a game while watching videos. No headphones, no nothing. Suddenly my sound cuts off. I check my speaker options and the built in speaker option is no longer there, only two others that I currently can't access. I restarted my computer multiple times, and...
  9. video thumbnails not showing anymore I need help please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    video thumbnails not showing anymore I need help please.: after using ccleaner my photo thumbnails working but video thumbnails not showing anymore. Can someone PLEASE help me?and I dont wanna use third party app. for this problem I've tried these ones but it still not showing video thumbnails; 1 in my folder options always...
  10. Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP: I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files. I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all thumbnails."...