Windows 10: Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

Discus and support Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com However, killing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamTStephens, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

Hi All

I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com

However, killing the process and restarting is only a temporary solution and does not actually assist in understanding what the issue that is causing the memory use/hold/leak or whatever is happening.

I have a Surface Pro 6 i7, 8GB RAM PC and this, coupled with the heavy RAM usage of Teams and Edge has been progressively causing me issues since Oct/Nov but I just sort of put up with it/rebooted when Teams calls started to fail etc. However, it is such a rapid re-event now that I have to get to the bottom of it.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎21/‎08/‎2020

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Windows is fully up to date and I frequently check for updates, all of my Windows Store apps are up to date also.

How do I go about trying to identify the rogue program/app that is causing this issue. I really don't want to be forced to upgrade to a 16 GB RAM machine if I don't have to, at least before the SP8 is available.

Any help or advice appreciated ... that is not "uninstall every program and see if the issue goes away" ... I am sure there must be some event log or dump that can be sifted for this Runtime Broker that will help uncover the culprit.

:)

SamTStephens, Jan 19, 2021

2. High disk and CPU utilisation post Windows 10 upgrade.

Since I upgraded from Windows 8.1-64bit to 10-64bit, I get the following two issues:

1. Microsoft .NET Framework - Font "HP Simplified" cannot be found - Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click "Continue", the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click
    "Quit", the application will close immediately... See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

2. I have had High Disk utilisation at 100% and high CPU utilisation in the 80% range with no large processes running

Since January 31, 2018 update —KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214) this issue is now only present in the first 3-4 mins of booting up my laptop however there is still considerable pain felt by the poor performance of an 8 month old laptop.

Before the latest update I had tried the following in order:

• Fix 1. Checked Energy Options for High Performance.
    • Fix 2. Performed a Disk Check
    • Fix 3. Change Settings in Google Chrome and Skype. - (then removed both programs)
    • Fix 4: Disabled Windows Search.
    • Fix 5: Disabled SuperFetch Service.
    • Fix 6. Disabled Antivirus Software.
    • Fix 8. Increased Virtual Memory
    • Fix 9. MSI mode disabled For StorAHCI.sys Driver.
    • Fix10. Windows recovery - reset
    I had a driver update that failed: 0x800705b4 on 14.01.18

https://sysdev.microsoft.com/en-GB/Hardware/support/default.aspx

TimothyLewis3, Jan 19, 2021
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

1. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation - Similar Threads - High RuntimeBroker Memory

2. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  3. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  4. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  5. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  6. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden: This issue started happening a few days ago where the cpu utilisation is anywhere from 20-99% in task manager even when nothing is open. It was fine a couple of days ago. every app I open for example google chrome has been using up way too much (up to 60% on startup) for just...
  8. RunTimeBroker causing high disk usage at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunTimeBroker causing high disk usage at start up: Hello Runtimebroker is taking a lot of disk time at start up, slowing it down. It is used for apps, but I am not using them at start up. Any way I can force the priority lower till I need them? Thanks, V...
  9. new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation: Hi , I recently bought my laptop just 2 days back. I have hardly installed any new softwares. My system gets stuck and I have to hard restart it. I can see my ram usage shows more than 60% at all times. and if I try to use google chrome and open a few tabs . my system hangs...
  10. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...