Windows 10: Windows 10 High System network usage

Discus and support Windows 10 High System network usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I checked my data usage in Windows 10, this is what I got: [ATTACH] As you can see, System used a tremendous amount of data - 341.47 GB. I mean,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gabor Szita, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 High System network usage

When I checked my data usage in Windows 10, this is what I got:

Windows 10 High System network usage e102ac5a-4487-47d3-a6ac-dd0ed02a5fdf?upload=true.png

As you can see, System used a tremendous amount of data - 341.47 GB. I mean, there's no way Windows Updates and other stuff take up that much data. Most people who experienced this problem were recommended to turn off Delivery Optimization, but I'm sure that's not what's causing the problem for me. Take a look at my settings as analytics for delivery optimization:

Settings:

Windows 10 High System network usage 1b064d74-36dd-492e-9f54-cd16c39a1da8?upload=true.png

Analytics:

Windows 10 High System network usage 96000d90-cd73-4c10-b5d9-72001facf44c?upload=true.png

We can see that delivery optimization used less than 1 GB, so that's clearly not the problem. And it's even set to only on PCs on local network and I have just about 5 PCs on my network.

So what can be the cause of this problem? Do I have a malware a computer that's using my computer as part of a botnet? I. e. to perform DDoS attacks?

:)

Gabor Szita, Mar 21, 2021

2. High network usage

Hi Yuvaraja,

My name is Jocelyn, an independent advisor happy to help.

I found the link below that might be useful to resolve your issue on High Network Usage. Please follow the suggestions provided by Zaki J and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this would solve the problem.

Best,

Jocelyn

JocelynYbanez, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 High System network usage

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 High System network usage

1. Windows 10 High System network usage - Similar Threads - High System network

2. ersv.exe high network usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ersv.exe high network usage: This application is using my network from time to time. Leading to ping spikes to my games. Is it safe to uninstall the program form my PC, if thats the case, how to do so. If no, is there anyway to disable this application....
  3. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10: My windows 10 "System" using so much of data. It's more than 100GB for the last one week which utilized all my data for this month. I have already tried below,- Set as metered connection- Disabled windows update In both services and local group policy editor- Scanned for...
  4. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10: My windows 10 "System" using so much of data. It's more than 100GB for the last one week which utilized all my data for this month. I have already tried below,- Set as metered connection- Disabled windows update In both services and local group policy editor- Scanned for...
  5. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. System takes high network usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System takes high network usage: I make full scan to my pc with Malwarebytes as I see in some pages, I clean up my disk I make a lot of things still taking my internet causing me high ping or packet loss, Here is the name of the file "ntoskrnl" submitted by /u/iast- [link] [comments]...
  7. High Data usage by system in Windows 10

High Data usage by system in Windows 10: Hi, My laptop has 234 GB used by 'system' in the last 30 days and about 80 GB in the last 3 or 4 days alone. I am not sure what is updating in the background which uses so much data. This month i breached my monthly data limit for the first time and by a huge margin. What...
  8. High usage of Windows 10 resources by System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage of Windows 10 resources by System: My computer this morning was very slow. I opened the Task Manager, and it told me that System was using about 50% of my CPU and memory resources. I rebooted , but this didn't help. I also signed in with a different account, and the problem was the same. So it is not...
  9. High System Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High System Usage: For some time now I see that the System process in the task manager is using quite a lot CPU power, around 20%. I've installed the latest drivers, tinkered with the power settings, looked for ACPI related items in the BIOS but still nothing. On closer inspection with the...
  10. High network usage

High network usage: NT kernel&system uses high background network usage.so how to stop the background network usage of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-network-usage/b4d04a20-7697-484b-81c4-d5917478d422