Windows 10: Windows 10 Hijacking Python?

Discus and support Windows 10 Hijacking Python? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is anyone else irrationally upset by this? I hit windows key -> cmd -> enter -> python -> enter which is the way I reflexively jump into the python... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chcampb, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Hijacking Python?

Is anyone else irrationally upset by this?

I hit windows key -> cmd -> enter -> python -> enter which is the way I reflexively jump into the python REPL to check something. Instead it went to the windows store. I was curious because I had, actually, installed python 3.6. So this is what where python returned -

C:\Users\MyName>where python C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python.exe C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\python.exe

So at some point an update or something hijacked my python by installing a placeholder version pointing to the windows store. How can I turn that behavior off with extreme prejudice and opt out of similar actions in the future?

submitted by /u/chcampb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chcampb, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Hijacking Python?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Hijacking Python?

1. Windows 10 Hijacking Python? - Similar Threads - Hijacking Python

2. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  3. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  4. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.: -Chrome is hijacked by this extension “unixsearch.com”. I can’t uninstall it due to it being a managed organisation extension. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling.-Edge is hijacked by Yahoo. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling, it worked for a bit.~I tried re...
  5. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.: -Chrome is hijacked by this extension “unixsearch.com”. I can’t uninstall it due to it being a managed organisation extension. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling.-Edge is hijacked by Yahoo. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling, it worked for a bit.~I tried re...
  6. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  8. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  9. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  10. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...