Windows 10: Windows 10 Hiragana input

Discus and support Windows 10 Hiragana input in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to input Japanese hiragana as well as English. I downloaded the Japanese language set. Following all kinds of help I just was unable to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KaitoLondon, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Hiragana input

I need to input Japanese hiragana as well as English. I downloaded the Japanese language set. Following all kinds of help I just was unable to get the hiragana keyboard. I have the EN / JP language icon on my taskbar but I cannot type in Japanese. I don't have the option to add another keyboard. In Windows 7 it was easy - download the language, then add the keyboard.

:)

KaitoLondon, Dec 12, 2019

2. Can't type hiragana on Japanese IME keyboard after updating to Windows 10

Microsoft support suggests that you can use the hotkeys
    to switch between input modes quickly:
    • Press + to change the input language
    • Press + to change to Hiragana
    • Press + to change to Katakana
    • Press + to toggle between alphanumeric and kana modes
    As a side note: if you were really intent on making Hiragana your default input, you could write an
    AutoHotkey script to do this for you. However, this involves understanding that scripting language.

source:
    http://superuser.com/questions/180188/microsoft-ime-japanese-force-hiragana-input-by-default?rq=1

Andre Da Costa, Dec 12, 2019
  3. How to change Japanese Romanji to Hiragana in MS IME. Using Win 10

Hi Ekirby,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you installed the language packs for the Hiragana or katakana or kanji?
    • Which is the Windows 10 edition installed in your computer?
    Until you reply back to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it help.

I suggest you to follow the below article on how to work with the Input Method Editors.

Input method editors (IMEs)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/input-method-editors

You may try the above steps in the Windows 10 also.

Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist
    you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Hiragana input

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hiragana input

1. Windows 10 Hiragana input - Similar Threads - Hiragana input

2. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do: Whenever I switch to Japanese and try to change to kanji or hiragana it just closes out and doesn't change at all. Even when I try keyboard shortcuts or try to change stuff in the settings, nothing changes and it just switches back to English for some reason! ;-; Please, can...
  3. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do: Whenever I switch to Japanese and try to change to kanji or hiragana it just closes out and doesn't change at all. Even when I try keyboard shortcuts or try to change stuff in the settings, nothing changes and it just switches back to English for some reason! ;-; Please, can...
  4. Hiragana in Microsoft IME is not working no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  6. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  7. Windows 11: How can I Change IME shortcuts. Currently can't change from hiragana to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How can I Change IME shortcuts. Currently can't change from hiragana to...: Hello, I need some help and have some suggestions around IME and input methods.I would love to be able to have a shortcut for katakana and hiragana or a toggle between them.Currently in windows 11 it seems there is no way to create this shortcut.` tilde keyCaps LockAnd...
  8. Windows 11: How can I Change IME shortcuts. Currently can't change from hiragana to...

Windows 11: How can I Change IME shortcuts. Currently can't change from hiragana to...: Hello, I need some help and have some suggestions around IME and input methods.I would love to be able to have a shortcut for katakana and hiragana or a toggle between them.Currently in windows 11 it seems there is no way to create this shortcut.` tilde keyCaps LockAnd...
  9. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  10. Unable to use Hiragana input in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use Hiragana input in Windows 10: I need to input Japanese hiragana as well as English. I downloaded the Japanese language set. Following all kinds of help I just was unable to get the hiragana keyboard. I have the EN / JP language icon on my taskbar but I cannot type in Japanese. I don't have the option to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 japanese input hiragana

2. windows hiragana n input

3. windows 10 input hiragana