Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had my PC repaired and had to send it back to the seller for a replacement motherboard. It is telling me I need to reactivate Widows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveC_751, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

I recently had my PC repaired and had to send it back to the seller for a replacement motherboard. It is telling me I need to reactivate Widows 10 Home. However when I run the trouble-shooter and select' recently changed hardware' then select the device it fails to activate saying 'we can't reactivate Windows on this device'.

I have tried reinputting the product key provided by the seller originally (it is a reputable company and original copy) but it gives error 0x80041023.

Any idea how to resolve and activate?

:)

SteveC_751, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

1. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change - Similar Threads - Home Activation Issue

2. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.: Hello Team I just had my Windows 10 PC motherboard changed. Now I am running into Windows Activation Issues. On my Microsoft account 2 devices are being shown with same details. I have an OEM license. Output of slmgr -dli command is as below. Can i go ahead and unlink both...
  3. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.: Hello Team I just had my Windows 10 PC motherboard changed. Now I am running into Windows Activation Issues. On my Microsoft account 2 devices are being shown with same details. I have an OEM license. Output of slmgr -dli command is as below. Can i go ahead and unlink both...
  4. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Motherboard change → The activation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard change → The activation Issue: My Sony Vaio Motherboard has changed. It had the OEM license, How can I activate window 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-change-the-activation-issue/a841eae6-5b69-48b2-a7bc-9506db4445fb
  6. Motherboard change → The activation Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard change → The activation Issue: My Sony Vaio Motherboard has changed. It had the OEM license, How can I activate window 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-change-the-activation-issue/a841eae6-5b69-48b2-a7bc-9506db4445fb
  7. Motherboard change → The activation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  9. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  10. Activating Windows 10 after a motherboard change issues

Activating Windows 10 after a motherboard change issues: My previous motherboard was fried unexpectantly. I change out to a new motherboard and now windows is telling me that I need to activate it. I don't have a product key since my windows account uses a digital license connected to my windows account, which I am logged into....