Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home version installed on my HP laptop. Suddenly, the administrator does not allow to install or uninstall any software. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bo Simon, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Bo Simon Win User

Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues

I have a Windows 10 Home version installed on my HP laptop. Suddenly, the administrator does not allow to install or uninstall any software. I tried to locate the admin account in user account in settings but there is no option for that. I tried various steps to troubleshooting described herein the Microsoft community and run console, registry and windows power shell, after each time admin blocked the access.

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Bo Simon, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues :(

Zakin, Jan 25, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 25, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues - Similar Threads - Home Administrator account

2. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  3. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  4. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  6. Windows 10 Home Administrator

Windows 10 Home Administrator: I accidently keyed in the administrator email address incorrectly. I cannot change the pin or the password because you want to send the new link to an email address that does not exist. I cannot download any apps because it keeps asking me for the administrator pin number...
  7. Windows 10 Home Administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Administrator: I accidently keyed in the administrator email address incorrectly. I cannot change the pin or the password because you want to send the new link to an email address that does not exist. I cannot download any apps because it keeps asking me for the administrator pin number...
  8. administrator account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...
  9. Windows 10 (Home): activate local administrator account

Windows 10 (Home): activate local administrator account: Hi all, I've been to a friend tonight to upgrade (actually install from scratch) his PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home edition. I suggested them to use an individual standard account for each family member and use local administrator password when needed to install...
  10. create administrator account windows 10 home

create administrator account windows 10 home: create administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/create-administrator-account-windows-10-home/c9fe86e2-b502-4fa3-ac94-95b6d97a18df"