Windows 10: Windows 10 Home and SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 Home and SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently moved to Win 10 Home on SSD. Is it OK to disable Indexing and Prefetch? Any other useful tips? 135909 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by potplayer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. potplayer Win User

Windows 10 Home and SSD

Recently moved to Win 10 Home on SSD.
    Is it OK to disable Indexing and Prefetch?
    Any other useful tips?

:)

potplayer, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Home and SSD

Delta6326, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home and SSD

1. Windows 10 Home and SSD - Similar Threads - Home SSD

2. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  3. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  4. Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?: Hi Microsoft Community,I'm trying to clone my data and licensed version of Windows 10 Home from my old HHD drive to a new Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. It clones fine but when I install the new SSD hard drive into my laptop it will...
  5. Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?

Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?: Hi Microsoft Community,I'm trying to clone my data and licensed version of Windows 10 Home from my old HHD drive to a new Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. It clones fine but when I install the new SSD hard drive into my laptop it will...
  6. Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Removing old SSD with windows home, upgrading new SSD with windows pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing old SSD with windows home, upgrading new SSD with windows pro: So, I have 3 drives on my PC a really old SSD 8-10years that only houses windows, a newer SSD 3 years old that has active files and software that require licenses such as Photoshop and bluebeam, then an HDD that stores all inactive files.I am looking to upgrade both SSDs that...
  8. Removing old SSD with windows home, upgrading new SSD with windows pro

Removing old SSD with windows home, upgrading new SSD with windows pro: So, I have 3 drives on my PC a really old SSD 8-10years that only houses windows, a newer SSD 3 years old that has active files and software that require licenses such as Photoshop and bluebeam, then an HDD that stores all inactive files.I am looking to upgrade both SSDs that...
  9. Removing old SSD with windows home, upgrading new SSD with windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd: Trying to install windows 11 from usb bought from best buy, have cleaned disk partitions and even set drive as GPT in DOS but every attempt goes as follows, setup launches from usb drive, create new partitions, windows 11 acts like its installing and goes into restart...