Windows 10: Windows 10 Home and SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 Home and SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently moved to Win 10 Home on SSD. Is it OK to disable Indexing and Prefetch? Any other useful tips? 135909 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by potplayer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. potplayer Win User

Windows 10 Home and SSD

Recently moved to Win 10 Home on SSD.
    Is it OK to disable Indexing and Prefetch?
    Any other useful tips?

:)

potplayer, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Home and SSD

Delta6326, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home and SSD

1. Windows 10 Home and SSD - Similar Threads - Home SSD

2. How to get Windows Home edition on to the new SSD on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Windows Home edition on to the new SSD on my laptop?: I have a PC I originally bought with Windows 8. I upgraded this to 8.1 and then to Win 10 just before the end of the free Windows 10 upgrade offer. I took this PC for some support when out of town. After the issue in question was resolved, I asked the guy in the shop if he...
  3. Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD: Hi, I have genuine Windows 10 Home version which is currently installed on my Hard Disk Drive. Now I want to upgrade my Hard Disk Drive with SSD. I heard that if I set up my SSD and remove the HDD then I will lost my windows 10 version. Is that right? if yes, is there any...
  4. Now is Win 7 home and i wanted change HDD of laptop to SSD, and install Windows 10 Home...

Now is Win 7 home and i wanted change HDD of laptop to SSD, and install Windows 10 Home...: I have an old Dell LAPTOP [ Window 7 home] When Windows 10 was in its first year - and upgrade was FREE I UPGRADED to Windows 10 Home... but reverted back to Windows 7 in less than a week after... Now is Win 7 home and i wanted change HDD of laptop to SSD, and install...
  5. I have Windows 10 Home and 128GB SSD (C:) and 1TB HHD (E:). Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have Windows 10 Home and 128GB SSD (C:) and 1TB HHD (E:). Low Disk Space: I have Windows 10 Home and 128GB SSD (C:) and 1TB HHD (E:). The C: Drive has only 25GB of storage remaining. Why? All other software that is installed is installed to E: and I tried to install Oct Update but failed due to low storage space which only had 15GB at the time....
  6. Sau khi Tôi reset lại Win 10 Home của mình thì tất cả ổ cứng bao gồm 01 ổ SSD và 02 ổ HDD...

Sau khi Tôi reset lại Win 10 Home của mình thì tất cả ổ cứng bao gồm 01 ổ SSD và 02 ổ HDD...: Sau khi tôi reset lại Win 10 Home của mình thì tất cả ổ cứng đang sử dụng bao gồm 01 SSD và 02 HDD bị mất hết dữ liệu . Tôi có thể làm cách nào để lấy lại được dữ liệu. Cảm ơn rất nhiều!...
  7. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work: As the title says, I upgraded my hardware, and now my WIndows 10 home licence doesn't validate. I also upgraded my motherboard, but I don't think this is a valid point. During the installation process (downloaded from the installation media page and ran from an external...
  8. Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...

Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...: Windows 10 and applications (eg Excel 2013) randomly FREEZE when using a Crucial 500GB SSD in a Toshiba Qosmio core i7 15.6inch screen laptop (circa 2011). I replaced the Hitashi 5200rpm 750GB harddisk in the Toshiba laptop to get faster response when starting/using laptop...
  9. Error Code 0x80070570 when trying to install Windows 10 home on new SSD

Error Code 0x80070570 when trying to install Windows 10 home on new SSD: Right now I'm running windows 7. I just bought Windows 10 and a Samsung 500gb SSD. I'm trying to install it on the SSD. I choose custom install and select the SSD but I'm getting this error (Windows cannot install required files. File may be corrupt or missing. Error code...
  10. Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home: Hi All Laptop has a smallish 128gb M.2 SSD with Windows 10 Home on it, is there anything optimization wise I should do, or just leave it as is, with the proper drivers installed and such. Don't wanna do too much tweaking and result in errors or performance loss or have too...