Windows 10: Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other

Discus and support Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yay. Another home networking question. I have 4 computers on my home network. 1 wired (Win 10 Pro). 3 wireless (Win 10 Home, Win 10 Pro, Win 7 Home).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brock297, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Brock297 Win User

Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other

Yay. Another home networking question.

I have 4 computers on my home network. 1 wired (Win 10 Pro). 3 wireless (Win 10 Home, Win 10 Pro, Win 7 Home).

All of the computers can access each other over the network except the Win 10 Home and Win 7 Home computers. They can see each other but can't access the files.

When trying to access the Win 7 Home computer from the Win 10 home computer, I get the error "Windows cannot access (computer). You do not have permission...

When trying to access the Win 10 Home computer from the Win 7 home computer, it asks for the password. I enter the same password I use to access it from the other computers (all Win 10 computers are signed into my Microsoft account), but it fails.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

:)

Brock297, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other

1. Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Home can't access each other - Similar Threads - Home Home can't

2. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home PC's not accessible to each other: Some time ago I contacted MS Support and the Level1 Tech said that they were working on the issue. Still have not solved the Permissions issue so one PC can access the other. This should not be that hard to resolve.Windows 10...
  3. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home PC's not accessible to each other: Some time ago I contacted MS Support and the Level1 Tech said that they were working on the issue. Still have not solved the Permissions issue so one PC can access the other. This should not be that hard to resolve.Windows 10...
  4. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 computers not seeing each other on home network

windows 10 computers not seeing each other on home network: I have two computers on home windows 10 network both up to date and on the same side of the router. Both are OEM Home versions of Windows 10. I tried all the different suggested tweeks and workarounds suggested in forums that I found. I occasionally get to see the other...
  6. Windows 7 Home Basics to Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Home Basics to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home basics installed in my Dell laptop. I want to ask that whether I can use that product key to activate Windows 10 Home in my laptop....
  7. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  8. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...
  9. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...
  10. Can't access bios in windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios in windows 10 home: Hi there, I have been having trouble accessing the bios ever since I upgraded to win 10. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance. 44075