Windows 10: Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

Discus and support Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,Yesterday I tried to update my motherboard´s bios to the latest one found on ASUS website, I´ve done this many times in the past with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EduardoDeza, May 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

Hi there,Yesterday I tried to update my motherboard´s bios to the latest one found on ASUS website, I´ve done this many times in the past with no problem. I am running Windows 10 Home. This time when I chose the bios file to install, A message asking to disable Bitlocker and to backup a Bitlocker popped up, so I decided to look into that, before installing the Bios anyways. I found out that I don´t have the Bitlocker service, since I am on Windows 10 Home. I contacted ASUS to see If could just ignore the Bitlocker disabling message and install the Bios, they recommended to contact Microsoft in

:)

EduardoDeza, May 21, 2022
  2. Ghot Win User

Asus B450M-PLUS

Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M... [​IMG]

3. amihanov Win User
    Trouble updating BIOS on Dell computer

Thank you for your reply. I was also thinking about this. It's possible, in BIOS menu I remember loading something called like "custom configuration" instead of bios defaults. It's still strange that the newer version of the Support Assistant did not warn me about this. It was Dell's Support Assistant that suggested the update. I did not do it manually. But will give it a look. I'm not at home this week, but will try it out as soon as I get back. Thanks Again!

amihanov, May 21, 2022
  4. Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

Asus Bios Update Windows 10

updating bios makes hardware run better and adds functions for newer hardware, so shouldn't matter about what os you have. I updated my asus bios too run the new 4.7gig 8 core cpu and I'm running windows 10 (and at the time windows 10 wasn't listed)

at worst after updating the bios, windows might fail to boot.... then just run windows repair Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M... :)

AbraDieAlot, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

1. Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M... - Similar Threads - home asking disable

2. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".: Hello,I am seeing a BitLocker key warning when trying to update BIOS which implies if I don't make record of a mysterious code I know absolutely nothing about, I'll never be able to use my computer again. This message is a surprise to me. I know absolutely nothing about this....
  3. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".: Hello,I am seeing a BitLocker key warning when trying to update BIOS which implies if I don't make record of a mysterious code I know absolutely nothing about, I'll never be able to use my computer again. This message is a surprise to me. I know absolutely nothing about this....
  4. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update: This is the solution for people who dont access to the Bitlocker key on their microsoft account:Download the previous version of your laptop or computer BIOS, if you dont know which one was look for the current version and go back and use the bios flash utility with every...
  6. Asus B450M-A II Can't load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus B450M-A II Can't load Windows 10: 4 to 5 month ago I update Windows 10 and then my pc crash, since then my pc just reach the BIOS screen and cant load windows. When I exit the BIOS it shows the windows screen and stay like that for a few minutes until reboot itself and stay in that loop forever. I am using an...
  7. Asus B450M-A II Can't load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus B450M-A II Can't load Windows 10: 4 to 5 month ago I update Windows 10 and then my pc crash, since then my pc just reach the BIOS screen and cant load windows. When I exit the BIOS it shows the windows screen and stay like that for a few minutes until reboot itself and stay in that loop forever. I am using an...
  8. Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...: Hi there,Yesterday I tried to update my motherboard´s bios to the latest one found on ASUS website, I´ve done this many times in the past with no problem. I am running Windows 10 Home. This time when I chose the bios file to install, A message asking to disable Bitlocker and...
  9. Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 home asking to disable bitlocker when trying to update Bios on Asus B450M...: Hi there,Yesterday I tried to update my motherboard´s bios to the latest one found on ASUS website, I´ve done this many times in the past with no problem. I am running Windows 10 Home. This time when I chose the bios file to install, A message asking to disable Bitlocker and...
  10. Asus B450M-PLUS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus B450M-PLUS: Hey, Its me again *Biggrin I have a Logitech z506 speaker set. and there is 3 cables. How do i connect it to my pc when one is a mic input ? Version: 2004 166491