Windows 10: Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PriyankushGhosh, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with windows, it shows Bitlocker recovery key prompt and it shows it every time I restart my laptop. I don't want to enter that 48 character long key again and again. There is no Bitlocker settings option when right clicking on 'C' drive in "This PC" and in control panel also. I want to disable this BitLocker recovery key prompt; its so annoying. Please help !

:)

PriyankushGhosh, Jan 12, 2019
  2. ReneHKTJ Win User

Eventhough SECURE BOOT enabled , Bitlocker keep me ask the recovery key

After i dual boot to Linux , my windows keep me asking the Recovery key everytime I boot the computer , this is completely annoying eventhough I can access my computer using the recovery key, it's very annoying. This makes me disabled the bitlocker, and
    back use without the bitlocker. Anyone can solve this problem?>

ReneHKTJ, Jan 12, 2019
  3. pj04 Win User
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with... [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with... [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

4. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

1. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with... - Similar Threads - Home asks Bitlocker

2. BitLocker Asking for Recovery Key Every Time I Boot into Windows 10 in Dual Boot Setup with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Asking for Recovery Key Every Time I Boot into Windows 10 in Dual Boot Setup with...: Hello,I have a PC running Windows 10 installed on an encrypted SSD using BitLocker. Recently, I added a second SSD and installed Ubuntu 23 in UEFI mode for a dual boot setup. Since then, every time I boot into Windows, BitLocker prompts me to enter the recovery key. This has...
  3. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  4. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  5. asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop: i have the very long recovery key but it is very inconvenient to enter every time my Dell Inspiron 7773 boots? i disabled bitlocker on all the drives but still being prompted to enter during the start up. please help...
  6. Dual boot Win10, Win2012R2 is prompting for BitLocker recovery key when booting into...

Dual boot Win10, Win2012R2 is prompting for BitLocker recovery key when booting into...: I got dual boot workstation Win10 Enterprise, Windows Server 2012 R2. Both OS's are on separate disks and corresponding partitions on the disk where OS is installed are encrypted with Bitlocker. The Boot.ini details are Windows 10 C:\WINDOWS Default OS Windows 2012 R2...
  7. BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system

BitLocker asking for Key every time I boot the system: After a Dual Boot, every time I boot the system the BitLocker ask me for a key recover. I have already the key, but I don't know how I can desativate this message....
  8. No BitLocker Recovery Key prompt when Secure Boot was Disabled

No BitLocker Recovery Key prompt when Secure Boot was Disabled: I went into my UEFI settings to disable Secure Boot as I needed to test some programs and when rebooting my laptop, it went directly to the Windows logon screen without asking for the BitLocker Recovery key. Is this normal? 130353
  9. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with...: Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting the laptop with...
  10. BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots

BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots: The subject says it all. I have to enter the 48-digit key for BitLocker very frequently. I've got the key, but its a pain to enter the key. Just to make it more annoying, I've got an Asus convertable laptop/tablet and it goes into table mode so the screen is sideways. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prompted for bitlocker key every boot

2. bitlocker prompts for recovery key every boot

3. after running bitlocker and rebooting laptop asks for bitlocker key

4. bitlocker prompt every boot,
  5. bitlocker windows 10 home single language,
  6. bitlocker dual boot,
  7. lenovo has bit locker set dual boot,
  8. bitlocker asks recovery key on every boot,
  9. during a install of windows 10 asking for a recovery key,
  10. pc ask for bitlocker recovery key every time i login,
  11. prompted for bitlocker recovery key,
  12. dual boot windows 10 always asking for bitlocker key,
  13. you need to enter your recovery key because secure boot policy has unexpectedly changed,
  14. disable bitlocker windows 10 dual boot,
  15. disable windows 10driver signature starts bitlocker