Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Torgan, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Torgan Win User

Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?

:)

Torgan, Sep 26, 2022

2. Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Sep 26, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    Windows 10 auto restarts

Supposedly this solution works: Disable automatic restart Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I did those steps (going to gpedit.msc, etc..) because I want to disable the computer from auto-restarting. There is a bug in Windows 10.

I access my computer remotely sometimes from my phone. Yet if I'm not near the computer, and auto updates restarted the computer, then the computer isn't going to fully turn on! I have BitLocker enabled on my hard drive. This means that I need to be at the computer, locally, to type in the password, to start up the computer. Auto updates causes the computer to restart, yet BitLocker prevents it from fully starting back up. This issue needs to be reviewed by Microsoft for some solution in Windows 10.

But I found that link up there earlier today, and that is definitely a more preferred option, assuming that it works! I hope it does!

pepanee, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

1. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable - Similar Threads - Home Auto Restart

2. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  3. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  5. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  6. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  7. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  8. Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.: I have once again lost work and time because the absolute cancer that is Windows Update decided to restart while my PC was doing a bunch of work. Seriously Microsoft, give advanced users a way to disable this. I restart and install updates every couple weeks manually. Up...
  9. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  10. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340