Windows 10: Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Home automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I am using Windows 10 Home ver 2004 for a few weeks now. Is there any way I could stop Windows PERMANENTLY from updating itself automatically? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YA_002, Dec 27, 2020.

1. YA_002 Win User

Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Hello! I am using Windows 10 Home ver 2004 for a few weeks now. Is there any way I could stop Windows PERMANENTLY from updating itself automatically? I have tried disabling the Windows update service, but it re-enables itself after a while.

:)

YA_002, Dec 27, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 27, 2020
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Dec 27, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 Home automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home automatic updates - Similar Threads - Home automatic updates

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Windows 10 Home automatic updates: My disk drive size is increasing is day by day. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, it is not a virus issue and I think it is happening because of WINDOWS UPDATES.I had 23 GB space left 8 days ago, now I have 21.2 GB left, I did not install/download anything new since then. I am...
  5. Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Windows 10 Home automatic updates: Hello! I am using Windows 10 Home ver 2004 for a few weeks now. The windows updates are eating up my disk drive space continuously. Just want to know, is there any estimate for the maximum amount of space these updates will take? Is there any upper limit to it or will these...
  6. How to turn on automatic updates in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on automatic updates in Windows 10 Home: Hey guys just want to know how to turn on automatic updates on windows 10 Home OS. Please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-automatic-updates-in-windows-10/1edc1338-d601-4363-8522-e485f09581fa
  7. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  8. Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates: Users payed for OEM included with laptops, payed for internet access, they deserve to have the choice to start or not an update. Is not only about scheduled restarts. Updates are starting without control, net bandwidth is brought to a halt, nothing else can be played or done...
  9. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544