Windows 10: windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot

Discus and support windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a MX-Linux OS running on an old Dell with a printer attached to the system with a USB cable. When I look for printers my windows 10 home machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tj#_88, Jan 16, 2020.

1. tj#_88 Win User

windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot

I have a MX-Linux OS running on an old Dell with a printer attached to the system with a USB cable. When I look for printers my windows 10 home machine sees it and attaches and prints with no problem. My windows 10 pro machine can't find the printer or attach to the shares. Tried everting I can think of. Disabled the firewall enabled SMB 1.0 which showed the machine on the network but no printers shares Printer and file sharing are allowed on all networks.

Any clues???

:)

tj#_88, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot - Similar Threads - home linux printer

2. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11: We got an extra computer running 10ELTSB and it works for everything we need it to, except communicating to a shared printer. It was initially configured to run a program for x-rays, so pretty much everything was default fresh install + xray program.First I have tried...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11: We got an extra computer running 10ELTSB and it works for everything we need it to, except communicating to a shared printer. It was initially configured to run a program for x-rays, so pretty much everything was default fresh install + xray program.First I have tried...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  6. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  7. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Linux can be installed but Windows 10 cannot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux can be installed but Windows 10 cannot?: Hello I can install Linux but not Windows 10. If Linux works, Windows 10 should also work, right? Linux lässt sich installieren aber Windows 10 nicht?
  9. windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can

windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can: I recently added a Windows 7 computer to my home network running Windows 7 Pro. My Windows 10 Pro computer can see and access files on the new computer, but my Windows 10 Home computer can not. The new computer shows up in the network, but when I click on it I receive a...
  10. Cannot share a printer on a home network

Cannot share a printer on a home network: Hi I have a home network consisting of Windows 10 PCs and one Windows XP Pro PC. I used to be able to access the printer from my other PCs not the XP one though. Because of the XP PC I have all the PCs in a workgroup. The printer is attached to what I refer to as a print...