Windows 10: Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new windows, brand new problems. Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MitjaHD Win User

Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

Brand new windows, brand new problems.
    Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu... Also there is no windows update? Is there windows update in windows 10 or is my issue again? I tried sfc /scannow and something with powershell. Please help.

:)

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Bigalo Win User

I need help with Window 10 (microsoft Edge)

I reluctantly upgraded to Windows 10. After doing so, I'm lost. I need help with the following:

• I changed my search engine to Google, but I can't remove Bing. How do I do it?
    • I set my Start Page, and want my start page to be my home page; however, if I'm on a site, and hit home, I go to the top site page. How can I change this?
    • When I open a new tab, I want to open it with my start/home page, but I can't do it. How can I change it to ensure that it happens?
    • Is there a menu bar in Edge? I can't find it.

Bigalo, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Explorer

I downloaded Windows 10 and I can't right click or open the start menu on the task bar, when I try to right click in open windows everything freezes,. I have to log out and log back in. I can open programs from the taskbar after forcing windows explorer
    to restart from the task manager, at imes. Is this a bug? I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium.

Todd LKoss, Jul 28, 2015
  4. MitjaHD Win User

Ok problem fixed, idk how i just restarted my PC.

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  5. nushydude Win User
    It's still buggy. I also encountered this once on the RTM build, and many times on preview builds. Reboot usually fixed it.

nushydude, Jul 28, 2015
  6. I'm experiencing same issue on RTM build also. Start menu is gone and restart won't help. This Windows 10 indeed doesn't begin very well, I failed to kill start menu on any of previous Windows and I had done alot more carrying-on on them.

Franz Ferdinand, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Windows Update is in Settings on the Start Menu or if you can't get to it, under All Settings in Action Center on the far right of the taskbar.

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  8. MitjaHD Win User

Yeah i already found it, thanks anyway.

MitjaHD, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Grev Win User
    fracking4oil, How can I get to Windows Update when I can't open the Start Menu, the Search Box or the Notification icon in the System Tray? Please advise.
    ~

Grev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu - Similar Threads - Home Can't open

2. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  3. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  4. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't open start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open start menu in windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, I can't open start menu everything else is working superfine, but the start menu doesn't work even if pressing the Windows button on keyboard or start button on the Windows taskbar...
  6. windows 10 start menu will not open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 start menu will not open: I receive critical message ( start menu will not open will fix it next time you sign in) but it does not ,I have lost all internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-will-not-open/82692eeb-28e1-4e26-8c82-177020a82e03
  7. Windows 10 Start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu not opening: Hi all, A rather strange problem. A client came in with a laptop today. On this the Windows Ten start menu is not opening. I had gone through the walkthrough advising an SFC scan, in addition to that I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth To no avail...
  8. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  9. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...