Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Brand new windows, brand new problems. Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MitjaHD Win User

Brand new windows, brand new problems.
    Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu... Also there is no windows update? Is there windows update in windows 10 or is my issue again? I tried sfc /scannow and something with powershell. Please help.

:)

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Bigalo Win User

I need help with Window 10 (microsoft Edge)

I reluctantly upgraded to Windows 10. After doing so, I'm lost. I need help with the following:

• I changed my search engine to Google, but I can't remove Bing. How do I do it?
    • I set my Start Page, and want my start page to be my home page; however, if I'm on a site, and hit home, I go to the top site page. How can I change this?
    • When I open a new tab, I want to open it with my start/home page, but I can't do it. How can I change it to ensure that it happens?
    • Is there a menu bar in Edge? I can't find it.

Bigalo, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Todd LKoss Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer

I downloaded Windows 10 and I can't right click or open the start menu on the task bar, when I try to right click in open windows everything freezes,. I have to log out and log back in. I can open programs from the taskbar after forcing windows explorer
    to restart from the task manager, at imes. Is this a bug? I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium.

Todd LKoss, Jul 28, 2015
  4. MitjaHD Win User

Ok problem fixed, idk how i just restarted my PC.

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  5. nushydude Win User
    It's still buggy. I also encountered this once on the RTM build, and many times on preview builds. Reboot usually fixed it.

nushydude, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Franz Ferdinand Win User
    I'm experiencing same issue on RTM build also. Start menu is gone and restart won't help. This Windows 10 indeed doesn't begin very well, I failed to kill start menu on any of previous Windows and I had done alot more carrying-on on them.

Franz Ferdinand, Jul 29, 2015
  7. fracking4oil Win User
    Windows Update is in Settings on the Start Menu or if you can't get to it, under All Settings in Action Center on the far right of the taskbar.

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  8. MitjaHD Win User

Yeah i already found it, thanks anyway.

MitjaHD, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Grev Win User
    fracking4oil, How can I get to Windows Update when I can't open the Start Menu, the Search Box or the Notification icon in the System Tray? Please advise.
    ~

Grev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu - Similar Threads - Home Can't open

1. Had to install 10 pro on pc upgraded to home from 7. Can't activate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had to install 10 pro on pc upgraded to home from 7. Can't activate.: Hi, I'll try to make a long story short. A friend upgraded his HP desktop from Windows 7 to 10 during the free upgrade period. When it went bonkers he gave it to me and bought a new computer. The one he gave me went down hard and the only way I could make it work was to make...
  2. Accidentally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home, can't go back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home, can't go back?: Hi, earlier on today I read an article saying how you can update your Windows to Professional edition for free. I entered the key they provided and it did upgrade me to Pro. However, my windows now says I need to activate Windows. I obviously thought that the activation was...
  3. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network: Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My user domain been assigned to administrator group When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared...
  4. Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can

Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can: I have my home Wi-Fi and then my ISP provides a backup Wi-Fi that lets me uses other modems (other people's) from the same ISP to have a backup connection when needed. Yesterday I switched from my home's to the backup to test some things but then I wasn't able to reconnect to...
  5. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...
  6. Why can't I rename or delete files and folders? Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I rename or delete files and folders? Windows 10 home: Hi all, to start I am not particularly adept with computers so please bare with me. I am using an HP laptop running windows 10 home edition. Today from nowhere i suddenly started having this issue, When I try to rename a folder it tells me I cannot as folder is...
  7. Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184: Hello all, Could someone see if they can successfully access the W10 Home lock screen settings after upgrading to Insider 16184.1001 (W10 Pro is OK)? When I attempt to do so, the view appears for a few seconds and then disappears without reason. I am also getting a...