Windows 10: Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new windows, brand new problems. Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MitjaHD Win User

Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

Brand new windows, brand new problems.
    Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu... Also there is no windows update? Is there windows update in windows 10 or is my issue again? I tried sfc /scannow and something with powershell. Please help.

:)

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Bigalo Win User

I need help with Window 10 (microsoft Edge)

I reluctantly upgraded to Windows 10. After doing so, I'm lost. I need help with the following:

• I changed my search engine to Google, but I can't remove Bing. How do I do it?
    • I set my Start Page, and want my start page to be my home page; however, if I'm on a site, and hit home, I go to the top site page. How can I change this?
    • When I open a new tab, I want to open it with my start/home page, but I can't do it. How can I change it to ensure that it happens?
    • Is there a menu bar in Edge? I can't find it.

Bigalo, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Todd LKoss Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer

I downloaded Windows 10 and I can't right click or open the start menu on the task bar, when I try to right click in open windows everything freezes,. I have to log out and log back in. I can open programs from the taskbar after forcing windows explorer
    to restart from the task manager, at imes. Is this a bug? I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium.

Todd LKoss, Jul 28, 2015
  4. MitjaHD Win User

Ok problem fixed, idk how i just restarted my PC.

MitjaHD, Jul 28, 2015
  5. nushydude Win User
    It's still buggy. I also encountered this once on the RTM build, and many times on preview builds. Reboot usually fixed it.

nushydude, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Franz Ferdinand Win User
    I'm experiencing same issue on RTM build also. Start menu is gone and restart won't help. This Windows 10 indeed doesn't begin very well, I failed to kill start menu on any of previous Windows and I had done alot more carrying-on on them.

Franz Ferdinand, Jul 29, 2015
  7. fracking4oil Win User
    Windows Update is in Settings on the Start Menu or if you can't get to it, under All Settings in Action Center on the far right of the taskbar.

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  8. MitjaHD Win User

Yeah i already found it, thanks anyway.

MitjaHD, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Grev Win User
    fracking4oil, How can I get to Windows Update when I can't open the Start Menu, the Search Box or the Notification icon in the System Tray? Please advise.
    ~

Grev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu - Similar Threads - Home Can't open

2. CAN'T OPEN ANY WINDOWS APPS AND START MENU IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAN'T OPEN ANY WINDOWS APPS AND START MENU IN WINDOWS 10: someday's before i was using my pc, it suddenly shown a blue screen for recover pc!! after that pc restarted again but start menu and another apps was not working!! i'm unable to open settings, musics, and all another windows apps even start menu too!! i tried to find out...
  3. Windows 10 Start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu not opening: Hi all, A rather strange problem. A client came in with a laptop today. On this the Windows Ten start menu is not opening. I had gone through the walkthrough advising an SFC scan, in addition to that I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth To no avail...
  4. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  5. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.: Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried restarting the computer, SFC /scannow on PowerShell, and restarting explorer.exe. They sometimes provide temporary fixes but...
  6. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  7. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  8. Can't open start menu, chime constantly sounding

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu, chime constantly sounding: Starting a couple of days ago my Windows 10 computer start menu stopped opening (although I can still right click on it to shut down). This coincided with a chime constantly sounding. I'm not sure if this is related, but there is a pending notification on the lower right, but...
  9. Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10: My start menu will not work in Windows 10. Cortana/Search also doesn't work. When I click it, it does nothing. If I right click on my search bar, I see a bunch of options like "Disk Management" and "Control Panel." These are clickable, except for "Search," which does...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...