Windows 10: windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can

Discus and support windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently added a Windows 7 computer to my home network running Windows 7 Pro. My Windows 10 Pro computer can see and access files on the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trippap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. trippap Win User

windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can

I recently added a Windows 7 computer to my home network running Windows 7 Pro. My Windows 10 Pro computer can see and access files on the new computer, but my Windows 10 Home computer can not. The new computer shows up in the network, but when I click on it I receive a "Windows cannot access \\computername" error, and the error code is 0x80070035. All of the sharing settings you are supposed to use are set properly on all computers. Windows 10 Home just cannot see the network path. Can anyone help explain what is going on here?

:)

trippap, Feb 8, 2019

2. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can - Similar Threads - home can't computer

2. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I am having trouble installing Windows 10 Home upgrading from Windows 7 Pro. Wondering if I purchased the wrong product. Can I exchange it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-home/4f4281ba-c29e-43c1-bf5e-0e778b16351d
  3. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I am having trouble installing Windows 10 Home upgrading from Windows 7 Pro. Wondering if I purchased the wrong product. Can I exchange it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-home/4f4281ba-c29e-43c1-bf5e-0e778b16351d
  4. From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I bought Windows 10 Pro license. I followed instructions to Upgrade. In the list of options I do not see Win10 Pro, but I see Win10 Home. Should I 1st get Home and then upgrade to Pro? Will my new license work for Home, so I can upgrade later to Pro? How do I get the full...
  5. Can I use a Windows 10 Pro DVD to upgrade Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use a Windows 10 Pro DVD to upgrade Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home?: Reposting this question because it got removed because I forgot to add flair. submitted by /u/original_hamster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6l86c/can_i_use_a_windows_10_pro_dvd_to_upgrade_windows/
  6. windows 7 can not see windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 7 can not see windows 10: I got a new computer with Windows 10 18363. how can i get my windows 7 computers see it in the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-can-not-see-windows-10/e03f3529-6eed-453e-a1da-9f71123cb2fc
  7. Windows 7 pro became Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 pro became Windows 10 Home: I just became aware that The upgrade of my windows 7 pro to windows 10 home was not the expected transition. This happened during the massive transition. Is it too late? Was this planned? Do I just accept this?...
  8. Windows 10 Home > Windows 7 Pro > Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Home > Windows 7 Pro > Windows 10 Pro: Hey, I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home. I already have retail versions of both Windows 7 and 8 Pro, so I clean installed 7 Pro over 10 Home (wiping existing partitions in the process), then did an upgrade to 10 (using the media creation tool) expecting to get Pro, but I...
  9. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Home: Hi guys, Bit of a strange one this. I had Windows 7 Pro installed previously (still have the disk, key, and CoA), I upgraded to Pro a few days ago and only got windows 10 Home edition. Has anybody encountered this or would have an idea as to how to fix? Thanks for...
  10. Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?

Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?: I've installed all the updates for Windows 7 on my test machine to this point and I wanted to test Windows 10 on my "test" Toshiba laptop. The only problem is I do not get the reserve icon and I can't download the preview? Any advice? 8307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 cant see network computers

2. windows 10 cant see windows 7 computers

3. windows 10 cant see windows 7 network