Windows 10: Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys

Discus and support Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I fix this? video:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HW999, Jul 2, 2020.

1. HW999 Win User

Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys

HW999, Jul 2, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Arrow keys started highlighting text

You need to turn off NumLock to stop this behaviour . . .

Normal behavior for a keyboard is arrow keys move cursor on text, if the Shift key is pressed using arrow keys text is highlighted, the Numlock Key simulates the Shift key being pressed!

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys

Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Good morning

My laptop is (Toshiba / Satellite / C55-A-1MW / PSCGJE), which comes with the keyboard (102-key / European layouts / Norwegian language), and (Windows 8.1 / 64-bit).

After i have upgraded to (Windows 10 / Home), the arrow-keys on the right to the touch-pad stopped to function!

Now i dis-activated the (NUM-LOCK), and use the arrows on the numeric keypad: (8 for: Up, 2 for: Down, 4 for: Left, 6 for: Right).

Notes:

1. Now, even when i open BIOS before Windows to startup, the arrows on the numeric keypad is the only available way to move the cursor.

2. These arrow-keys do not function both whether when the (Scroll lock key) is activated or not.

How to make the (Arrow-keys) function? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day ...

Anas Shayah, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys

1. Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys - Similar Threads - Home Cursor highlights

2. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  3. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  4. Moving a window with the windows key + arrow keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving a window with the windows key + arrow keys: On my work computer I can hold down the windows key and hit an arrow key to move the current window between screens or between quadrants of the screen, but on my personal computer it doesn’t work. Does this feature have a name, and is there a setting to toggle it on/off? Any...
  5. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...
  6. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  7. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

Cursor moved by the directional arrows.: Hello, I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor. Anyone know how not to get that? submitted by /u/dadriun [link] [comments]...
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off: Hey so I've seen this problem come up before from a quick Google search but the solution people always say is to turn off the 'use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer' option from the accessibility settings. Mine is telling me its already off but ever since this...
  10. Arrow keys highlight only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow keys highlight only: Whenever I try to adjust my writing with the arrow keys or left clicking, it highlights the text instead. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-highlight-only/98054b84-abdd-4c8b-b6c7-e3d031d2d2ea