Windows 10: Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kongming, Jan 10, 2018.

1. kongming Win User

Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

My desktop files and folders all are missing?
    One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy.
    I have turned on OneDrive to synchronize my desktop desktop files. Is it the problems?

:)

kongming, Jan 10, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

Frequent BSOD Kernel Secy Check Failures on Win 10

Try the following to copy the minidump files to a folder on the Desktop and zip them:

First, create a folder on the Desktop and call it Minidumps

Then open the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and do the following:

Home > Select all > Home > Copy to > Choose location > Minidumps > Copy

Then right-click the Minidumps folder > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

auggy, Jan 10, 2018
  3. BiWendy Win User
    Lost files after I upgraded to Windows 10

Everything looks normal after I upgraded.

I do found the old files in the "desktop" folder in the folder called windows 7.

I then cut all the files in that folder to the new desktop folder in windows 10.

However, after I restarted my computer, all the files that have shown up on the desktop of windows 10 are gone.

And I cannot find any file in either the desktop folder of windows 7 or the desktop folder of windows 10.

Where can I find those files? I am typing these with tears in my eyes!

Can I get those files back if I restore to windows 7?

BiWendy, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Are these your personal folders you speak of such as Documents, Pictures, Music, etc.? When did they go missing? Before or after you enabled OneDrive?

Tony K, Jan 10, 2018
  5. kongming Win User
    I try to search them in OneDrive.

kongming, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Tony K Win User
    Please answer all the questions.

Tony K, Jan 10, 2018
  7. kongming Win User
    I found them already. They are in OneDrive.

kongming, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing? - Similar Threads - Home desktop folders

2. Windows Update- All files/folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update- All files/folders missing: Nice Windows update blowing out your files...I've tried all of the remedies listed. -There are no "hidden" files and folders-Went into previous versions which there are none-Nothing in my recycle binNo other "user" in explorer causing me to be on a temp desktopSee screenshot...
  3. Windows Update- All files/folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update- All files/folders missing: Nice Windows update blowing out your files...I've tried all of the remedies listed. -There are no "hidden" files and folders-Went into previous versions which there are none-Nothing in my recycle binNo other "user" in explorer causing me to be on a temp desktopSee screenshot...
  4. Home Folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder on desktop: Hi!Today I powered on my pc and after an update an Home folder apperead on my desktop as a shortcut to the file explorer home section.How do I disable it?I've done some research on google but I found nothing....
  5. Home Folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Folder on desktop: Hi!Today I powered on my pc and after an update an Home folder apperead on my desktop as a shortcut to the file explorer home section.How do I disable it?I've done some research on google but I found nothing....
  6. missing files windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    missing files windows 10 home: Hi All, new to forum so apologies if I have the wrong option, I am running windows 10 home on an acer aspire laptop, I have customised all my file icons for easy access, this morning when switching on I notice I have the standard windows folders, when going into my icons...
  7. Folder/Files suddenly missing in Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder/Files suddenly missing in Desktop: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right sub to call for help regarding my problem. I have this folder on my desktop which I put all my work files but suddenly it's gone. I'm going to give as much as possible information because I really need those files for my work. Last time...
  8. Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop: One of my folders has disappeared from my desktop overnight. It's a folder I need to access multiple times each day. It still shows up under Quick Access/Desktop, but it is nowhere on the desktop itself. I know that I can create a shortcut, but I'd like to restore it instead....
  9. Missing Desktop file Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Desktop file Windows 10: I believe that my laptop recently performed a routine Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I the desktop screen is at a bare minimum and almost all functions and key presses seem to be disabled. . The message I get is that there is a file missing:...
  10. All Files/Folders/Apps missing after Windows 10 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All Files/Folders/Apps missing after Windows 10 Update: Hello all, So last night, I installed a new Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD and backed up my pre-update version of Win10 to it. I proceeded to delete some applications on my 128GB SSD where my Win10 OS calls its home to allow for the big 9gb Win10 update (I think it was the Fall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icon disappeared after coping a file from a zipped folder